I haven't combed my natural hair for two years..

Such beautiful hair!! I would love to see a vid on your regimen with tutorials on M&S and the products you are using. How often do you cleanse and condition?? Do you baggy? Do you wear braids, twists, buns? Do you use any Ayurvedic products?

Op glad to see you are coming up with a YT channel

g.lo - Thank you! It's scary but exciting :)

Such beautiful hair!! I would love to see a vid on your regimen with tutorials on M&S and the products you are using. How often do you cleanse and condition?? Do you baggy? Do you wear braids, twists, buns? Do you use any Ayurvedic products?

mshoneyfly - aww thank you so much! I used to baggy very frequently (green house effect) but now I try to do it whenever I remember, it's great! I wear twists a lot, they're fun and quick and there are so many styles I do with it! I wear low buns also. I don't use any Ayurvedic products at the moment. I cannot wait to show you guys all I do so that hopefully it can help!

I have type 3b,c, and 4a. My hair has a tendency to dread together when it reaches' a certain length.

If it is dreading then you are stripping it of its oils. So you need to put back the oils or reduce the harsh products. I have hair below Classic length with type 4a, 3c 3b hair and i gave up the comb going on 3 years now. :yep:

Welcome to youtube, I sub'd. Your hair is :lick:

I usually use the seamless comb when braiding - for when I want to cornrow, and again with my hair drenched in conditioner after I take down a protective style. I've had my hair out now for about 2 weeks and I have just been finger combing/ detangling

Op, please post a video with your regimen! Everything, don't spare any details!

g.lo - definitely will, I plan to do these videos quite quickly and frequently too! :)

Welcome to youtube, I sub'd. Your hair is :lick:

I usually use the seamless comb when braiding - for when I want to cornrow, and again with my hair drenched in conditioner after I take down a protective style. I've had my hair out now for about 2 weeks and I have just been finger combing/ detangling

Funmiloves - yay! Thank you :) I'll sub yours too :D whoop how are you finding finger combing? :)

Inspiired it really does, i too have given up the comb and it has really improved on my retention and less tangles; that coupled with Baking Soda washes and ACV rinses (I gave up on shampoos too) and DC'ing once or twice per month. I :love: KIS

PureSilver - I love how simple changes can make great differences!

I love your accent! I have visited your blog as well.

You should make a video about caring for your tailbone length 4type hair. Most people mistakenly think that type 4 hair can't grow THAT long, but obviously its not true because you've achieved it and then some. Congrats! Your hair is quite lovely.

I don't know if I could do absolutely no combing at all. I have 3C hair, but it will tangle up like crazy if I don't comb it every few days.

I love your accent! I have visited your blog as well.

You should make a video about caring for your tailbone length 4type hair. Most people mistakenly think that type 4 hair can't grow THAT long, but obviously its not true because you've achieved it and then some. Congrats! Your hair is quite lovely.

I don't know if I could do absolutely no combing at all. I have 3C hair, but it will tangle up like crazy if I don't comb it every few days.

BostonMaria - this was a lovely message, thank you so much! I will definitely be recording all these suggestions and I'm so excited to help everyone :)

I hope you do some tutorial videos on how you achieve your out or stretched "out" styles; and your step by step wash n detangle process. I have 2 suggestions. (1) You were at a weird angle-- the camera was under you-- and u were looking down into it. It was difficult to see your hair and the length. Could you do recordings where you are in line w/the camera? That would be much better, since we really want to see your hair in action. Next (2) The camera resolution was weak. I view your blog from time to time, and the resolution is always crisp. I know you use top quality cameras to take pics for your blog; could you do the same for your youtube videos? It's fuzzy and dark and I know that is not your style.

virtuenow - thank you thank you thank you, love those suggestions! My DSLR broke last week but I'll be fixing it today, also I've bought lighting which should come tomorrow :D

Back