I haven't been retaining as much hair

CarLiTa

as I used to in the past...
it's frikkin ridiculous:mad:

why??? because my ends are just NOT getting it together, and I'm getting very upset.
I'm in my second year of college, and my first year, I trimmed around 4" gradually, meaning that I didn't retain most of what I grew.

My last trim was in late June. Granted, it's time for a trim now, but I'm just kinda mad about the idea that I'll be trimming 1"! and frankly, I don't want to, but I like nice ends, so that's what I need to do.

I've been trying to get my hair back to the length it was mid-2006, which is near waistlength, and I haven't been able to get it there since. I keep hovering at right below BSL, and with the constant trims, I just go from above BSL to right below it, back and forth, over and over.

I've HAD IT!:wallbash:

I think I'm going to brace it and become obsessed with my hair like I used to be when I first started this haircare journey. I think I'm going to start washing more than once a week, at least twice a week, and come with a concoction to spritz my ends with daily... this will mean keeping the hair bunned most of the time, which I do anyway because sometimes it just looks bad:ohwell:

sigh... i just really needed to vent. :sad:

You are on the right track. Just make the changes that you suggested and hopefully that will help. Other ideas- adding glycerine or honey to your conditioner. Using more moisturizing oils. Keep us posted.

as I used to in the past...
it's frikkin ridiculous:mad:

why??? because my ends are just NOT getting it together, and I'm getting very upset.
I'm in my second year of college, and my first year, I trimmed around 4" gradually, meaning that I didn't retain most of what I grew.

My last trim was in late June. Granted, it's time for a trim now, but I'm just kinda mad about the idea that I'll be trimming 1"! and frankly, I don't want to, but I like nice ends, so that's what I need to do.

I've been trying to get my hair back to the length it was mid-2006, which is near waistlength, and I haven't been able to get it there since. I keep hovering at right below BSL, and with the constant trims, I just go from above BSL to right below it, back and forth, over and over.

I've HAD IT!:wallbash:

I think I'm going to brace it and become obsessed with my hair like I used to be when I first started this haircare journey. I think I'm going to start washing more than once a week, at least twice a week, and come with a concoction to spritz my ends with daily... this will mean keeping the hair bunned most of the time, which I do anyway because sometimes it just looks bad:ohwell:

sigh... i just really needed to vent. :sad:

I lost alot of my progress in the past and I wondered why. The truth is..... I stopped using castor oil on my ends. My hair grew faster with BT and vitamins but my hair was so matted and tangled that I had to cut it. :sad: Now you won't catch me without some good ol' C.O. It makes a world of difference

I agree, castor oil is great for ends. Also Mizani H20 Intense Nighttime treatment really helps perserve ends too. Do you keep combing to a minimum? Long hair is old hair, and ends get fragile. Definitely go into baby mode with them, deep condition regularly and you should retain more length. HTH. :)

Thank you so much for the encouragement, ladies :kiss:

see the thing is, before college, i used to wash my hair a lot more often than I do now. then I got here and was worried about getting sick, since it's colder in general, and started washing it less often.
I'm not very good with moisturizing my hair, honestly. When I was washing often, I apply my leave-ins, oils, and all that, and that whole concoction keeps my hair moisturized for about 3 days or so until I wash it again.
But now that I don't do that... you get the point.

The alternative would be to rollerset, but 1) I'm not good at it... 2) I'm not paying $45/week for a rollerset:nono:... 3)even if I were to try, it would take me a whole hour and a half to set it, then my crappy bonnet dryer that sometimes just turns off by itself would take me another 2 hours to dry the hair properly. I just can't do it:sad:

Washing more often it is... for the most part.

Last edited:
Back