Maybe I'm Wrong About My Hair... Haven't Been Retaining Length :-(

Glad you have found something that works for you. Those twists are super cute! I really wish my hair wasn't both fine AND low density so I could wear my twists without extensions. LOL

@Nonie - here are some smaller twists that I left in for a good amount of time back in 2009. Based on my fotki album, looks like I straightened my hair after taking these twists down and washing. I should have styled my hair right back into twists after washing:

0724092-vi.jpg

0724095-vi.jpg

0729093-vi.jpg

I can't do the shrunken afro puff style. My hair would be super tangled. I will just have all my hair in twists.

These are super cute!

@Nonie - here are some smaller twists that I left in for a good amount of time back in 2009. Based on my fotki album, looks like I straightened my hair after taking these twists down and washing. I should have styled my hair right back into twists after washing:

0724092-vi.jpg

0724095-vi.jpg

0729093-vi.jpg

I can't do the shrunken afro puff style. My hair would be super tangled. I will just have all my hair in twists.

Those are cute Pooh!:yep:

I feel your pain Poohbear! But don't beat yourself up. 6 times a year really isn't excessive.:grin:

I think I may have the opposite problem. I think I need to flatiron my hair MORE.

Good luck with what you decide, but I think twists have consistently been good for most people on the board. :yep:

Oh wow, your twists are so pretty. May I add in a little suggestion. I think you should hide your ends. so they don't catch on to your clothing.

Poohbear, I love them. :love: I'm sorry but I demand you make this your all the time do! They look so good! They remind me of KCcurly's! I love how full they look.

OK, I have to admit, you're not making it easy to like you. *hating*

Oh wow, your twists are so pretty. May I add in a little suggestion. I think you should hide your ends. so they don't catch on to your clothing.

Thanks. If I've been looking at twists updos on youtube and some blogs. I'll try to do an updo soon that'll keep my ends tucked in. ;)

Those twists are SO CUTE Poohbear! I can't wait to be fully natural so mine can be full like that! I agree with Nonie. You should wear it like this ALL the time. Please be sure to update on how long they last.

Oh, I'm glad I came in here. Your twist are very nice. And I love that hair accessory too. Nice touch.

I want twists that full and long :lick:

Poohbear, I honestly like your twists exactly as they are and think you can pull off some really nice styles with them. Still hating how fuller than mine yours are. Boo!

:lol: Thanks Nonie, but I wish mine were fuller too though! Like KCcurly's and Ms_Lala's twists!!! :lick:

I still feel like mine are kinda puny lookin'... especially in the front and sides...

DSC08389-vi.jpg

DSC08392-vi.jpg

Oh okay! I thought the puff was your real hair.

Well, I just got a trim at Great Clips during my lunch break. I was going to do it myself but didn't feel like it so I took the risk of letting someone else do it. Anyway, the guy did an EXCELLENT job! :yay: He did not get scissor happy. I told him 1/2 an inch on each layer and that's what he did! My ends feel much better and softer! I'm going to wash and condition my hair either this evening or one evening this week to start my twist routine. :weird:

2q402e9-vi.jpg
IMG_20110328_174210-vi.jpg

He did do a great job, your hair looks wonderful! Great picture of you too, you look so pretty and your skin is beautiful!

Poohbear, not puny at all. I guess you and I will never ever play "Show me yours and I'll show you mine" if you feel that way about yours. :sekret:

Nonie, @Ms_Lala, and others...

Here are the two strand twists I did recently...

Apr 4
DSC08395-vi.jpg

Apr 7
DSC08398-vi.jpg

DSC08399-vi.jpg

Poohbear, your hair looks gorgeous!! From the looks of your fotki, we have verrryy similar textures (tiny coils about the size of the spring in a pen) and you're one of my hair idols! Your hair can and will grow BSL and beyond, I just know it! :bighug:

Back