I have sussed out my hair problem!

brandy

My regimen!
I refused to change my regimen for years only because it worked for me in the past:nono:.
The main culprit being weaves, braids, and wigs! Braids worked for me in the past but not anymore! When I wore braids, I achieved good growth but when it came to take down the braids and wash my hair... HORROR!!! I would end up with a matted MOP!! I would then yank out or cut out the knots which led to breakage!
I resorted to wearing wigs, really suited my face, and looked cute but it made my hair line resede (sp):wallbash: which is TERRIBLE!
Weaves..HAHAHA just EVIL!! Weaves made my scalp very sore, thinned my hair and also made it brittle not to talk of the itchiness:nono:

Stretching my relaxer touch up beyond 3 to 4 months (depending on NG) is a capital NO. I remember twice I stretched for 28 weeks and basically lost all the relaxed hair and was only left with the NG!
Although I cannot blame my lack of hair progress on my regimen alone, I had some major set backs which I stated in a thread some time ago.
I think my old regimen was a major cause of my no hair progress.

I must admit that I have regained my hair thickness due to the following, Viviscal, BT, and Kesini oil. I am still observing the results of KESINI OIL because I recently started using it but so far the results are positively scary!!

My little daughter whom I simply wash and deep condition her hair has retained a huge amount of her hair (She does not use any growth aids either). Her hair from the time I stopped relaxing it to the time she went natural, BCed and then back to relaxing is exactly 2 years and her hair is Brastrap Length (not that she wears a bra)!!!:lachen: Her hair regimen is very simple and yet effective. This made me realise that I need to change my regimen.

Who else thinks that their hair regimen is the culprit? Please do share, it would be interesting to know!:yep:

If braids worked for you in the past, by all means you should go back to that. You could wash your hair in plaits, instead i forgot the name of that method.

I thought it was just me. In October when I joined this site I had my hair trimmed in a nice even shoulder length simple style. I got some braids (latchhook mind you, so it was even in a ponytail). I wore it 3 1/2 weeks and I noticed no growth and my hair is now uneven (again, see pic). I was so into "protective style" mode I rushed and got the first hairdo (at a co-workers) recommendation. I'm new to all this hair care stuff, so let me ask you- when braids did work for you was there a way to minimize the shedding-my comb was full and I tried to oil rinse first, wet comb, shampoo, etc...?

Umm.....Excuse me, could we back up a bit? What is this Kisini Oil you speak of and where do you get it?:grin::look:

Yeah, I had to change my reggi too. Crazy *** dry weather here let me to create a really good/cheap moisturizing spray. Necessity is the mother of invention they say.

If braids worked for you in the past, by all means you should go back to that. You could wash your hair in plaits, instead i forgot the name of that method.

I washed my braids using the C&G method but braids just stopped working for me so no I SHOULD not go back to braids!!

I thought it was just me. In October when I joined this site I had my hair trimmed in a nice even shoulder length simple style. I got some braids (latchhook mind you, so it was even in a ponytail). I wore it 3 1/2 weeks and I noticed no growth and my hair is now uneven (again, see pic). I was so into "protective style" mode I rushed and got the first hairdo (at a co-workers) recommendation. I'm new to all this hair care stuff, so let me ask you- when braids did work for you was there a way to minimize the shedding-my comb was full and I tried to oil rinse first, wet comb, shampoo, etc...?

I followed the Crown and Glory method which you could find on the growafrohairlong website.

Umm.....Excuse me, could we back up a bit? What is this Kisini Oil you speak of and where do you get it?:grin::look:

Yeah, I had to change my reggi too. Crazy *** dry weather here let me to create a really good/cheap moisturizing spray. Necessity is the mother of invention they say.

It is an ayuvedic (Indian hair oil) that promotes hair growth, stops hair from failling, nourishes the hair roots, darkens the hair and prevents dandruff. If I remember well it contains the following, Castor oil, Coconut oil, Amla, Brahmi, Hibiscus and some other nice stuff too. It is concentrated so I just massage it into my scalp only and then leave it overnigt and wash out the next day. I stumbled across the KESINI oil when an Indian man that works in a Health shop told me about it. The name of the health shop is revitalise. You could do a google search with the name of the shop.
Good you found something that works for you and I agree with you that Necessity is the Mother of Invention!

I'm glad you found something which works for you :)
With the braids thing, before you shampoo, have you tried saturating your hair in conditioner and untangling?

Back