I have hair that has been heat damaged from years

tippy75

of pressing my hair. I really want to wear my hair sometimes without straightening it but i have the hair that is permanently straightened in some areas. I really don't want to cut all of the hair off at once so I was wondering if I used the ceramic flat iron would that cause additional damage on the hair that is not heat damaged. Like I said earlier, my goal is to get rid of all of the heat damaged hair and wear my hair curly, but I really don't want to damage the hair that is currently ok. thanks for your responses in advance.
rosebud.gif

I don't know if the flat iron would cause additional damage on the hair that hasn't been pressed, as long as you use a good heat protectant, keep your hair conditioned and don't use high heat!!! You could wear more styles that work with your hair like twists, braids, etc. Have you thought about weaving your hair? That way, your real hair could be protected as it grows out. Just a thought. Hope this helps.

use aphogee's treatment for damage hair. it is protein treatment and it really brought some of the curl back to my hair. also you can try doing a straw set, or twist so that you can wear you hair natural with out having to real see the straight hair.

i think a ceramic curling iron is less damaging than a pressing comb, but any heat too often isn't that great. so i agree with 19sweetie and ineedmoney. definitely try natural styles that don't require heat. it will make the straight hair wavy like the rest, and it will give your hair a break from the heat.
smile.gif

Back