I have conquered my biggest hair obstacle!!

• Thread starter Thread starter Tee
  • Start date Start date
T

Tee

I no longer have tangling issues!!
dance7.gif
party2.gif
trampoline.gif

In the past, I would always, without fail, encounter tangles and sometimes even knots
mad.gif
after 10+ weeks post relaxer. My hair would be doing fine, then one day, boom, I have a mass of tangles. So, what am I doing that I wasn't doing before?

1. I detangle my dry hair before I wash it using my wooden comb (very very gentle) and Joico Leave-in Detangler on my tangle prone areas (mainly the crown of my head).

2. I use my Jilbere shower comb every time I shampoo/conditioner wash. Whether my hair needs detangling that day or not! This is key for me, because the tangles seem to just sneak up on me. First, I detangle while my conditioner of the day is in my hair (this also helps to distribute the conditioner throughout the hair), rinse that out, then I detangle with Biolage Detangling Solution.

3. I detangle under running water while rinsing out the Detangling Solution. I forgot who posted this tip, but thank you from the bottom of my heart!!
smile.gif
The water from the shower head gives the hair a weightless feeling that makes detangling effortless!

4. Finally, I use a silicone serum on my wet hair and detangle one last time.

This may seem excessive, but it has saved my hair. I never have shedding or breakage problems when relaxer time appraches. I only had problems with tangles. I feel like I can go much longer than my typical 12-14 weeks without getting a relaxer now that I've overcome this major hurdle. I hope this post can help someone facing the same issues.
smile.gif

--Tee

[ QUOTE ]

3. I detangle under running water while rinsing out the Detangling Solution. I forgot who posted this tip, but thank you from the bottom of my heart!!
smile.gif
The water from the shower head gives the hair a weightless feeling that makes detangling effortless!

--Tee

[/ QUOTE ]

This absolutely helps me with detangling!
up.gif

I detangle several times and also do the final detangling under running water using my comb. This has been a lifesaver for me. I barely have to do any detangling once I'm finally out of the shower. I also don't need as much leave-in which will save me lots of dough. Figuring out detangling is definitely a major plus when going a while without a relaxer or transitioning as I am.

Congrats on finding something that works.

Awesome, Tee!

It's great not to fear combouts anymore. I detangle once in the shower under the stream of water after Clairol Renewal 5X conditioner has been in my hair for 3-5 minutes. The comb glides right through.
smile.gif
I've finally found a detangling conditioner that strengthens!

Hi Tee
wave.gif

I was having absolutely the same problems with tangles as you. I am at 10 weeks post-relaxer and plan to get my retouch next week.
grin.gif
I totally agree with you on detangling with the wide tooth comb and doing it under the force of the water. This works great for me!!

Congratulations!!

pooh123
Rose.gif

Back