I have caught a horrible disease and you may have it too!

KurlyNinja

The disease i'm talking about is Hand in Hair disease. I really want to chop my fingers off. :look: Yes its getting that bad. Let me show you what I posted in the random hair thread this morning.

I have a SERIOUS case of Hand in Hair Disease. I do it so much now that I'm annoying myself with it. Ever since I've BC'd my hand has been in my hair. Its almost as bad as thumbsucking. I do it to calm my nerves. I do it when I get excited. I do it to fall asleep. I do it when I get bored. I'm doing it RIGHT NOW!!! I think I may start doing the box weave thing that I use to do when I was younger. You know the ones that you put on a keychain. Just to keep my hands busy and OUT. OF. MY. HAIR. **slaps own hand out of hair**

I even TOLD myself all day that I would keep my hands out of my hair. It wasnt even 30 seconds later that I found my hand back in my hair. :sad: Please help me. Maybe we can start a support group or something. But this is BAD and I need it to stop NOW before I cause some horrible damage.

I am always checking for knots so I run my hand through my hair all the time. It doesn't hurt it.

Lol, I call it "Edge diseases" ive been afflicted either this but im getting better. Now I convinced myself im doing scalp massages...ah huh. Yeppers.

Sent from my MyTouch 4 G using Long Hair Care Forum App

yeah...i have this disease. My hair is in twists and I a constantly taking one down...checking for splits and then retwisting.....LOL

Yes... I have it baaaaaaaaaaad.
That's why I'm getting a sew-in this week to put my hair up. I'll play in it when it's WL and I'm not obsessed with gaining length.

:lol: I have it too! I'm transitioning and I am OBSESSED with playing with my coilies! Especially after its been in a bun all day, and I get home and take it out? Ahhhh soo nice :lol: The texture difference between the waves at my scalp and the frizziness of my ends sends me over the edge! :lachen: I.LOVE.it! I don't know what I'm going to do once I'm fully natchal :nono: lol ohnoes.

I had it but solved it... In the house I wear a nice scarf
outdoors I wig it or put it in a high little bun lol
I'm not reaching up there to touch my hair.
Worked all 2010 and counting

I was doing ok until I started reading this thread. Before I knew it, I had a hand working its way through my new growth. I have had this disease since I started my transition and it is getting worse!

Girl. I was playing in my hair as I stumbled across this thread. I am obsessed with playing with the new growth between relaxers -- my Mom yells at me all the time to "quit digging in my hair." Haha.

Yep, I definitely have this disease...

I've been trying to bun my way to BSL and I still find myself playing with the shorter hairs in my bun. I can't stop.

Wearing wigs will cure it for the most part. I do reserve a little bit of nape area hair for such purposes though. :)

I honestly can't say I have this problem. Maybe because my hair is always hidden under wigs :lachen:

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Long Hair Care Forum App

Diggin through my new growth right now as I'm going through this thread. Now that I am transitioning I am lovin feeling those cute little curls poppin through!!

Yes, i'm right there with you. When I wear my hair out it's all over. But it gets worse...not only do I have my hands in my hair but force my SO to put his hands in my hair as well. It happens mid conversation and all of a sudden i'm like "feel my hair! Just feel it, can you believe how soft it is right now!" Yeah it's pretty bad and I can't control it.

I JUST had my hand sin my hair 5 seconds ago then I saw this thread lol. Seriously I need to stop. I keep picking at this one section near my nape and I think it's starting to thin.

I had it too my first few months as a natural, but I found the further I went into my journey the less and less it became an issue. I think I was just amazed that my hair was in its natural state after about 10 yrs of having a relaxer.

Girl im touching my hair right now! I flatironed my hair last friday and used silkening proteins beforehand so now my hair is as soft as silk and I can't stop touching it! Its time for me to throw it back up in braids again.

As I read this thread, I had to grab my arm so I would do it. My scarf doesn't work: Put it on to go downstairs, goes back up, off, hand back in hair. I don't need to touch my hair to go to sleep lol, but I know I'll have this problem when it's BSL.

I''m constantly pulling out shed hairs. Now that I'm not natural, they're not going to slide or get combed out.

I have this disease and it's symptoms get stronger as I stretch my relaxers longer. Can't keep my fingers out of my new growth

Good to know I am not alone. I can't even keep a sew-in without going crazy for lack of access to my hair. Low manipulation is out of the question for me. I have had this issue since I was a kid. I never thought about it till one day after a fresh relaxer I was brushing my hair in the mirror and my Grandfather said to me "Your in your hair again? Your gonna brush it right out of your head!" I think about that everytime I'm in my hair for no reason. I'm a stay at home mom and I have all day sometimes to play in my hair. I Can't wait to start school in June so I'll have less time to mess around in my hair...oh and for the education lol (j/k).

The only thing that cured my of hand in hair disease is that I now use gel in my hair and that has stopped me from touching my hair because I don't like the way the gel feels.:lachen:

This ain't no disease. It's a part of life. The only time my hands are not in my hair is if they're busy typing, cleaning, workin' out, cookin', sleepin', or if I'm with my man, LOL.

Back