I hate my new hair color!

Tene

I bought African Pride Hi Lites in the color senegal sunset. I thought it was light brown, on the box the color looked light brown. It says what you see on the box is what you get. She streaked my hair and it turned it red. Now I am about brown skinned and I think I look like a clown. The color is semi permanent, is there any way I can re dye my hair black? My mother told me not to try it or it may break off my hair.

Have you thought about covering it with a rinse? A rinse doesn't deposit or lift; it only coats. You will be fine as long as it contains no ammonia or peroxide.

Ok I was thinking about using a rinse, I'll try that. Can I do the rinse myself at home or do I need to see a professional?

Just FYI, I'm pretty sure it's not a semi-permanent color. A semipermant wouldn't be able to give you true "highlights". They just aren't capable of getting the hair light enough. You can use a rinse, or something like BIGEN (the deposit color not the permanent color) which covers really nicely.

Good Luck. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yes, I think a black rinse would be good, but I don't know about coverage...maybe Tracy will weigh in...I have never done a rinse myself, but if you did your own dye, you can probably handle a rinse. Good luck /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Back