I had hair drama last nite...

Miosy

I bought a heating cap and decided to give myself a conditioner treatment. OH BOY was that a mistake. I have bone straight and texturized hair. The texturized hair coiled up from the heat but worse it coiled around any hairs that I shed so I had a lot of tiny knots everywhere near my roots!

I had to air dry because hair when wet is at it's weakest. Then it took me 3 whole hours to get rid of those knots. I had to section my hair with my fingers and drenched in oil (wildgrowth) and comb each section until the knot worked it's way down. I was lucky with some because I was able to separate the knot with my hand. I flat iron afterwards and cut about 1/2 inch off the ends because I know I had breakage..Oh well, now I know what not to do
smirk.gif

Lawd had mercy! I'm so sorry to hear that happened. I am thinking about getting me a heating cap by Gold N Hot. I hate sitting up under the dryer and I think this would be better for my hot oil treatments and deep conditioning treatments.
Hey hair buddy! Did I tell you my latest? I'll send you a PM soon.
Q-

That's the heating cap I bought! I really do like it, it doesn't get too hot. It gives off just enough heat so your treatment will penetrate. It's worth the money in my opinion.

I havent used my heat cap in so long (when i was relaxed i thnk). I never experienced what you went through though.Hopefully when I use it again it wont make my natural hair tangled.

I'm not sure why my hair is doing that...this is the second time I had knotting when using heat. I'm not sure if it's just the two textures...

Miosy, everytime I use GPB with my soft bonnet I have to follow up with Humecto. Erica and CH do not use heat with their conditioners. I am going to stop using heat.

[ QUOTE ]
Miosy said:
The texturized hair coiled up from the heat but worse it coiled around any hairs that I shed so I had a lot of tiny knots everywhere near my roots!

[/ QUOTE ]

This happened to me Wednesday! I washed my hair in 2 braided sections with L'Anza Strait Line shampoo. I deep conditioned with heat for an hour while LSL conditioner and AO GPB were on the hair.

After the final rinse when I was combing, the ONLY knots were at the nape near the new growth. (The bottom 2-3 inches aren't as straight as the rest of my hair despite my stylist's corrective relaxer with Affirm regular.)
mad.gif
The tangles are where the base of each braided section was centered,so the hair was free-est there.

I prefer to use heat to deep condition. To prevent the tangles I might
a) finger comb out the shed hair before braiding it to wash it
b) wash it in 4 sections with the braids starting snug against my scalp
c) go to the salon every weekend where we never have this problem.
ohwell.gif

Megnonw, I may try finger combing the shed hair first but I don't think I am going to try heat again for right now because my scalp is still a bit traumatized from all that tugging.

Does anyone know exactly what causes the little knots. I have been experiencing them for the past 2 months and I too have had to cut about an inch of my hair.

[ QUOTE ]
megonw said:
I prefer to use heat to deep condition. To prevent the tangles I might
a) finger comb out the shed hair before braiding it to wash it
b) wash it in 4 sections with the braids starting snug against my scalp
ohwell.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

GREAT IDEA!!!

Back