I had a HORRIBLE hair Weekend!!

msjones

I guess I'm just looking for some encouragement hahaha.

After almost 2 weeks of babying my ends, and taking care of my scalp, this weekend was the worst. I had over applied some product, and made last minute plans...so I jumped in the shower, co-washed with Neutrogena Triple Moisture Daily Deep Conditioner, pinned my hair up, and went out.

I am 6 weeks past my last touch-up, so my head is puffy with 1/2 inch of new growth already. So i looked like crap b/c of that. The next day my hair was super hard, and my ends were scraggly, even though I had applied water-based leave in conditoner and sealed my ends w/ avocado oil.

I finally fixed my hair today by pre-pooing, shampooing, deep-con'ing and then blow drying (I used Mizani Thermasmooth again)...and everything SEEMS to be back to normal.

This is SUCH hard work though!!! and SUPER frustrating as a newbie! :cry2:

msjones said:
I guess I'm just looking for some encouragement hahaha.

After almost 2 weeks of babying my ends, and taking care of my scalp, this weekend was the worst. I had over applied some product, and made last minute plans...so I jumped in the shower, co-washed with Neutrogena Triple Moisture Daily Deep Conditioner, pinned my hair up, and went out.

I am 6 weeks past my last touch-up, so my head is puffy with 1/2 inch of new growth already. So i looked like crap b/c of that. The next day my hair was super hard, and my ends were scraggly, even though I had applied water-based leave in conditoner and sealed my ends w/ avocado oil.

I finally fixed my hair today by pre-pooing, shampooing, deep-con'ing and then blow drying (I used Mizani Thermasmooth again)...and everything SEEMS to be back to normal.

This is SUCH hard work though!!! and SUPER frustrating as a newbie! :cry2:

You won't be getting ANY encouragement here since most of us hate long hair :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

In any case hair does get on the nerves sometimes huh? I'm glad you were able to get it back to doing what it need to do :) Deep conditioning is a life saver (for me anyway). It may be hard work in the beginning but once you hit your stride it is all gravy ;)

MsJones, it happens sometimes but you know what? You knew what to do to get rid of the worst of the problem....so take heart...you are on your way to healthy hair.

I agree with the other ladies.

The GREAT news is that you knew how to fix your problem. Once my hair starts acting up, I assess the situation, and act. Usually acting (for me) is just re-washing/conditioning and starting again. :)

Well, MsJones, you'll be alright! You're too cute to sweat the small stuff! And as Brooklyn noted, you at least knew what to do. Just have fun with your hair!!!!

yeah, have fun. try not to stress too much. when my hair acts up, I have no idea how to fix it, so you're a step ahead of me!! :lol:

Yea MsJones, you did the right thing by rewashing and starting over.

This same thing happened to me today. Being the PJ that I am, I went to the store to by more hair stuff that I wanted to try. Knowing that my cabinet at home is already filled to it capacity. Anyway, today I purchased the Aphogee 2 min reconstructer (which will become a staple for me, I loved it), NTM poo/conditioner and NTM silk leave in. When trying new products, I truly believe the best way to test it on your hair is by buying the whole line, because most products are made to work together. For instance, when I used the shampoo, I was like "oh no, I wasted my money again", I was not that impressed. However, when I went on to use the conditioner my hair instantly melted in my hands and had a great silky feel to it. I think this will be a good line to use every once in awhile, when I need a change from my staple KeraCare products.

The other products that I used were Beyond the Zone Noodle Head curl activator and creme. I am taking these back tomorrow. They made my hair hard, hense the reason I had to rewash my hair. As for curl, I dont think I have transitioned enough to wear a wash and go curl, because my ends were really straight will the top of my hair was wavy.

I also bought (I know, I know...I was on a roll) the Fantasia IC clear gel and ORS Carrot Oil. Which, I dont have any reviews on them yet.

*Bre~Bre* said:
You won't be getting ANY encouragement here since most of us hate long hair :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

In any case hair does get on the nerves sometimes huh? I'm glad you were able to get it back to doing what it need to do :) Deep conditioning is a life saver (for me anyway). It may be hard work in the beginning but once you hit your stride it is all gravy ;)

Exactly-You just made a lil' pit stop along the hair learning curve.:lol:

Back