I Gotta Question: Shiny Bing w/o Heat?

MrsHdrLe

I want to know how you all get your hair swinging and shiny w/o heat. I prefer straight hair styles mostly b/c I experience less snagged hair on my clothes. I'm invited to a party tonight and want to look great (as well show off my apl (front)/nearly bsb (back) length).
I washed and condished last night, but didn't roller set b/c the rollers are so large and uncomfortable. It also takes about 2+ hours for my hair to dry:wallbash:. And even still, the ends are snaggy, so i usually resort to a light flat iron. I'm really trying to go no heat, but how can I do it when I'm not realxed?

It doesn't help either when you see heat straightened naturals like Pinkskates achieve hair I want. I'm trying to be good, but what am I doing wrong? Is my hair the wrong texure for rollersetting?

Pics of this morning's "do" below:
(I washed/condished then put some ORS moisture lotion in and put it in a pony, three strand braided and bunned. I let it loose this morning after my work out.) I left the flash off so you could see how dull my hair is.:sad:

Any advice?

(sorry about the title, it should read "Shiny BLING w/o Heat")

Attachments

• hair pics jan 2010 003.jpg
    hair pics jan 2010 003.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 29
  • hair pics jan 2010 004.jpg
    hair pics jan 2010 004.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 32
  • hair pics jan 2010 002.jpg
    hair pics jan 2010 002.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 35
I don't know of anyone in the 4's that can get swinging shiny hair without heat. I'm not sure how that's even possible.

Your hair is gorgeous by the way :)

I just don't know whether to just go on and use heat (with heat protectant and weekly dc of course) or may be even relax. I love to exercise and hate spending 5 hours on my hair every week.

I just don't know whether to just go on and use heat (with heat protectant and weekly dc of course) or may be even relax. I love to exercise and hate spending 5 hours on my hair every week.

Well, what has been working well for me is straightening once every 4 weeks. I'll wear it flatironed for about a week and the rest of the time it's in a twistout, bun, etc. How often do you like to wear your hair straight?

To answer Je Ne Sais Quois (by the way I lived in France for a year as a teen, so while I used to be fluent, I still understand and love the language (pm me "en francais" sometime).
I find that I get less breakage when my hair is straightened. I am trying to like bunning, but I really don't like them (on a ccount of my big ole head). I think I'll feel different when I have enough length/thickness for my buns to look bigger. Other than that, I can't do ponies right now b/c my ends stop right at shoulder and I want to avoid damage there. So I wear it straight 90% of the time right now. I also am trying to avoid the SSKs that reek havoc on my hair too. I found that when I was wearing it curlier, the knots were rampant and I'd have to cut them out weekly.

Back