I Got the Hook Up From an Indian Lady!!!!

metamorfhosis

Ladies-

I was shopping tonight with my Mom and an Indian lady asked us if she could help us. Well, I checked out her hair. It looked very healthy, shiny, and was bra strap length.

I wanted to ask her about her hair but you know how some people trip. So I continued shopping with my Mom. Mom found quite a few things that she liked so we went to the register and this same Indian lady rung up my Mom.

I was still thinking about her hair so.................I told her that her hair was pretty. Then I started to throw out some Indian terminology. I asked her if she used Amla oil. She said no. Then she told me that shikakai powder was good for shampooing. But for growth they use !!!!!!!!COCONUT OIL!!!!!!! I thanked her and then moved aside so she could help her other customers.

YEAH!!! COCONUT OIL for growth.

Forgive me if someone else has mentioned this.............

great!!! i wouldve asked too!! im not shy about hair questions.. I found that east indians are usually very helpful with hair questions...

WHAT?! :grin: I have been using Coconut Oil for like 2 months now!! Do they put it on the scalp or just on the hair??

WHAT?! :grin: I have been using Coconut Oil for like 2 months now!! Do they put it on the scalp or just on the hair??

On the scalp and hair, concentrating on massaging the oil into the scalp.

Last edited:
Ladies-

I was shopping tonight with my Mom and an Indian lady asked us if she could help us. Well, I checked out her hair. It looked very healthy, shiny, and was bra strap length.

I wanted to ask her about her hair but you know how some people trip. So I continued shopping with my Mom. Mom found quite a few things that she liked so we went to the register and this same Indian lady rung up my Mom.

I was still thinking about her hair so.................I told her that her hair was pretty. Then I started to throw out some Indian terminology. I asked her if she used Amla oil. She said no. Then she told me that shikakai powder was good for shampooing. But for growth they use !!!!!!!!COCONUT OIL!!!!!!! I thanked her and then moved aside so she could help her other customers.

YEAH!!! COCONUT OIL for growth.

Forgive me if someone else has mentioned this.............[/quote]

SURE.. it's been lauded many times here but No apology needed, thanks for the reminder of the benefits of coconut oil!

Yea it does help your hair grow.:yep:I remember when I first started to really get into taking care of my hair but didn't know as much as I know now, I used to just use coconut oil on my hair and it grew out quickly and nicely, people thought I had a weave because it grew so fast.:lachen: *Off to get some coconut oil*:lick:

I definitely believe that. My great grand mother only ever used coconut oil in her hair even to wash it with and she had thick natural WL hair. Since I started to use it consistently like 10 -12 weeks ago, my hair has undergone a transformation. It looks longer and really really healthy.

Yay to Coconut Oil! I love the stuff! Also, I just bought some Aritha (Soapnut) powder and I'll be using that as an herbal hair wash. I'm no expert on ayurveda, but I'm getting more and more interested in it.

Ladies are you putting coconut oil on your scalp?

I was always told that to do so would cause irritation, unless you DON'T leave it in.

Again, sounds like the Indian ladies are adding the oil to scalp and hair but only as a pre-poo or overnight treatment.

I think I'm going to start using this again. When I was using it I noticed that my hair was strong and easier to comb. I didn't put it on my scalp though. Are you all using the parachute oil or are you buying like the organic stuff from the grocery?

great!!! i wouldve asked too!! im not shy about hair questions.. I found that east indians are usually very helpful with hair questions...

Well, when you have a head full of hair and all of your cohorts do too (the entire East Asian race), you don't feel as "threatened" when members of another race ask you questions.

Coconut oil, huh? Odd... I use CO and my hair hasn't grown at any SPECTACULAR rate.

I have several bottles of coconut oil. I really like massaging my scalp so I will use the oils at night and sleep in it since I wash everyday it will not be a problem. I love the Shakakira oils and amla oils. I been doing it every other day. my hair is so soft I have barely any hair coming out of my scalp and thats great and so hopefully the coconut oil will be the next best thing. I paid like 9 dollars for all that I listed

Is there smthg in coconuts that is good for hair? Or, is it just the oil? B/c olive oil is a good prepoo too.

Ladies are you putting coconut oil on your scalp?

I was always told that to do so would cause irritation, unless you DON'T leave it in.

Again, sounds like the Indian ladies are adding the oil to scalp and hair but only as a pre-poo or overnight treatment.

I do-I mix it with Kesavardhini oil, apply to my scalp and scritch(I always feel weird using this word:look: wtf is a scritch??) and actually, my sulphur mix contains coconut oil and I've not experienced any irritation.

Last night I drenched my twisted hair in coconut oil, wrapped with a warm towel, massaged it for a while then shampooed with my amla and shikakai poo. I had to do it myself cause my servant ran away:giggle:

I believe it too. Just last night I was looking at shikakai bars and I came across a review. The lady said growing up she had a houseservant whose sole job was to soak/massage her hair in coconut oil then wash her hair with shikakai powder 2x a week.

http://www.mouthshut.com/review/Shikakai_Soap-70478-1.html
Sign me up. LOL!!! That must be a pure pleasure! I wonder if I could talk my DH into becoming one of these so called houseservants. lol NOT:nono:

I do-I mix it with Kesavardhini oil, apply to my scalp and scritch(I always feel weird using this word:look: wtf is a scritch??) and actually, my sulphur mix contains coconut oil and I've not experienced any irritation.

Last night I drenched my twisted hair in coconut oil, wrapped with a warm towel, massaged it for a while then shampooed with my amla and shikakai poo. I had to do it myself cause my servant ran away:giggle:
:lol: :lol:

GrowMEnow....I found my coconut oil at the Vitamin Shoppe and Health food store.

:lol: :lol:

GrowMEnow....I found my coconut oil at the Vitamin Shoppe and Health food store.

Cool-you know I have actually come across so many "testimonials" today regarding the use of coconut oil as a prepoo followed by a shikakai wash. So simple-and yet I wonder why I insist on a more complex routine to feel like I'm really doing something:look:

i have been using coconut oil mixed with amla as a prepoo hot oil treatment. however, i was using more amla than coconut. i will switch up!! i love the smell of coconuts!!!:lick:

I also mix mine with Kesavardhini oil. I actually really like the smell! :clapping:

I also mix mine with Kesavardhini oil. I actually really like the smell! :clapping:

Really-you know what-I have never smelled anything quite like it. It smells kinda spicey and I don't hate it but jury's still out on if I like it(which is not preventing me from applying it this very second:grin:)

Back