I got my hair colored at an Aveda salon, and the color is coming off on my pillow!

balisi said:
If a developer was used, it may have been too weak (ie., 10 vol. instead of 20 vol)

I was thinking about this the other day when I was considering toning down my highlights on my own. The healthier my hair is the higher volume developer I have to use. I thought about it and this did happen to me once, I'd used volume 20 and the color did not take well.

I would have color under my nails after scratching my head, but it never visibly rubbed off on anything.

I'm not a hair stylist, but I'm about 90% sure that the developer wasn't strong enough.

Curlee_lurker said:
I was thinking about this the other day when I was considering toning down my highlights on my own. The healthier my hair is the higher volume developer I have to use. I thought about it and this did happen to me once, I'd used volume 20 and the color did not take well.

I would have color under my nails after scratching my head, but it never visibly rubbed off on anything.

I'm not a hair stylist, but I'm about 90% sure that the developer wasn't strong enough.

I agree with Balsi or the lady may have just given you a rinse.
I believe your color should have been processed with heat. They should not have let you walk out with dripping wet hair IMO.

Dont know if you found the answer to your question but what I did was put conditioner in my hair and basically did a deep condition. The conditioner is suppose to stop the color from bleeding, which was suggest by my cosmo. cousin. Oh yeah it worked for me. Hope that helps!:)

Re: I got my hair colored at an Aveda salon, and the color is coming off on my pillow

Any resolve? from the sound of it they definitely put a rinse in your hair and not permanent color...and if you want to take it further than the BBB, call one of your local news stations. I had a problem with some furniture I bought, and the store was not willing to budge. So, I called Clark Howell (our local consumer advocate) and the next day I received a call from the furniture store and was told to come in and pick out whatever I wanted. Companies do not want to be exposed on the local news. The salon just has poor customer service.

Well ladies...l contacted the BBB and got an email from them the other day saying that they did not deal with this type of issue and they gave me the name and info for the Cosmotology Board, and said to contact them because they are the one's to deal with this type of situation. I haven't done this yet. I've been using the same pillow and pillow case, so I'm not sure if the dye is still bleeding or not, but I can say my pillow looks a mess and you can see certain parts of my hair are a little brown where the dye has come off.
I have a question...I want my hair to be BLACK, I mean jet black, and I want it to completely stop bleeding. What should I do now? Should I go to another Aveda salon and get it done again? Should I try doing it myself (I'm thinking that doing a black rinse or something myself wouldn't be that damaging)? Or, should I not do anything to it until I get a resolution from this salon? I'm sort of fed up with the whole thing, and just want my hair right.

Re: I got my hair colored at an Aveda salon, and the color is coming off on my pillow

so so chic said:
What should I do now? Should I go to another Aveda salon and get it done again? Should I try doing it myself (I'm thinking that doing a black rinse or something myself wouldn't be that damaging)? Or, should I not do anything to it until I get a resolution from this salon? I'm sort of fed up with the whole thing, and just want my hair right.

If you plan on taking action of any kind against the salon, DON'T DO ANYTHING before you have photos taken, and documentation that you've had problems with the way they did your hair.

I agree with calling up a consumer reporter and telling them your story. This is absolutely ridiculous that it's gone on so long.

It's imparative this salon and it's owner be held accountable for this ish. :mad:

Back