I Got Micro Braids

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
My friend did them. It took 10 hours and 2 packs of Jackson Collection Wet & Wavy Human Hair (1B).

This is sooooooo much hair! It's very long and bulky, yet so pretty. The "V" reaches my tailbone. I don't plan on wearing the braids "down" either. It's too much. My ponytails are huge! I don't want to cut it too short because I love the fullness of my bun. My reasons for the micros were because of low maintenance and being able to wear a bun 24/7!!!!!!!!!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

I will be taking care of the weaved Human Hair just like I would my own. I will moisturize and seal with oil twice a week. I will NOT run around here with dried-out human hair! A lot of women around where I live wear micro braids and don't take proper care for the actual weaved human hair. It needs to be cared for too!

2008012-vi.jpg

Nail Polish Fanatics: Opi's Russian Navy
2008011-vi.jpg

2008009-vi.jpg

2008003-vi.jpg

Wow you are brave:grin: - it looks beautiful on you!!!

My friend did them. It took 10 hours and 2 packs of Jackson Collection Wet & Wavy Human Hair (1B).

This is sooooooo much hair! It's very long and bulky, yet so pretty. The "V" reaches my tailbone. I don't plan on wearing the braids "down" either. It's too much. My ponytails are huge! I don't want to cut it too short because I love the fullness of my bun. My reasons for the micros were because of low maintenance and being able to wear a bun 24/7!!!!!!!!!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

I will be taking care of the weaved Human Hair just like I would my own. I will moisturize and seal with oil maybe twice a week. I will NOT run around here with dried-out human hair! A lot of women around where I live wear micro braids and don't take proper care for the actual weaved human hair. It needs to be cared for too!

2008012-vi.jpg

2008011-vi.jpg

2008009-vi.jpg

2008003-vi.jpg

Your braids look soo pretty. Be careful on your edges. When I used to braid my hair, I used to pull the front braids a little to loosen them; so that it won't be pulled too tight when wearing a ponytail. Don't wanna be bald; especially where it can be easily seen...lol.

Enjoy them

Thanks ladies for the compliments, and also for the advice. I will be very careful with my edges, especially.

Last edited:

I will be taking care of the weaved Human Hair just like I would my own. I will moisturize and seal with oil twice a week. I will NOT run around here with dried-out human hair! A lot of women around where I live wear micro braids and don't take proper care for the actual weaved human hair. It needs to be cared for too!

2008012-vi.jpg

2008011-vi.jpg

2008009-vi.jpg

2008003-vi.jpg

soooo cute! i love it.

Very nice & pretty! I love Micro Braids problem is I cannot wear them because caused alopecia to my crown this was the result last time I had them in that was January 2006. I believe the braider had them too tight:wallbash:

If you don't mind me asking how will you be able to moisturize and wash without them coming out?

Because I wash them and I did not know I would need to be very delicate and light with washing and my poor luck... with human hair it comes out very easily then synthetic and I washed all my money down the drain in 2 weeks and those puppies were not cheap here:ohwell:

Last edited:
Very nice !!!!

I just can't do those.. too much time lol. Mo power to ya.
Oh be very careful taking them out. My sister lost a plug (braid) of hair taking hers out. :blush:

Very nice & pretty! I love Micro Braids problem is I cannot wear them because caused alopecia to my crown this was the result last time I had them in that was January 2006. I believe the braider had them too tight:wallbash:

If you don't me asking how will you be able to moisturize and wash without them coming out?

Because I wash them and I did not know I would need to be very delicate and light with washing and my poor luck... with human hair it comes out very easily then synthetic and I washed all my money down the drain in 2 weeks and those puppies were not cheap here:ohwell:

Aw man; I hope they don't slip out while washing. I plan on just spritzing my scalp with diluted shampoo, massaging it in, and rinsing. Then I will massage shampoo into the length of the hair and rinse, apply conditioner (nothing tooooo slippery since my real hair is short) for about a minute and rinse.

I moisturized them last night. I spritzed my scalp (and the braided part) with Oyin's Juices & Berries. I divided the braids into 4 parts, then I rubbed Carol's Daughters Hair Mlik into the length of the hair (the non-braided part) and sealed with a light coating of Proclaim's Olive Oil on each section. After doing that to each section, I braided it and put a roller at the end (so that my ends won't be so straight when trying to make a bun).

The pics are from about 30 minutes after getting the braids done. I did the moisturizing routine later that evening before bed.

your micros look pretty!

I had them with wet n wavy and I loved them until I had to remove them:look:.. way too much trouble:nono:

So from here on out I have opted for those kinky twists... when I have the need to get braids/twists! They are bigger and easier to remove!

but they do look on you girl!:yep:

Micro's look cute on you.. Your friend did a great job!!

2008012-vi.jpg

2008011-vi.jpg

2008009-vi.jpg

2008003-vi.jpg

Last edited:
They look so cute!!:yep: And it looks like you got em done in a shop, not on somebody's stoop. Ur friend did great

Im gettin some too in a couple of weeks for the beginning of the semester. I love the low maintenance of braids, and it really gives your hair a chance to rest

They look so cute!!:yep: And it looks like you got em done in a shop, not on somebody's stoop. Ur friend did great

Im gettin some too in a couple of weeks for the beginning of the semester. I love the low maintenance of braids, and it really gives your hair a chance to rest

Thanks! The shops were charging like $150+!!!!! My friend only charged me $60 AND she's licensed.

:yep: They look great on you! Your curls were gorgeous too, what made you decide to get braids?

I decided to get them so that I could give my hair a rest for the winter. I didn't want to co-wash everyday in the cold weather. Also, the maintenance is low, and I get to wear a bun. I love buns.

Thanks! The shops were charging like $150+!!!!! My friend only charged me $60 AND she's licensed.

Yea, I know how it is, I used to get my hair braided at an african shop like twice a yr and they charge at least $180. :nono: So I finally taught myself how to do it, and it only cost me about $50 for the hair. I also LOVE how they look in a bun, which is mainly how I wear mine when I have those small braids.

Your hair looks nice!!! Seeing your pics makes me want braids too, but I can't put that stress on my edges anymore.

Back