I got engaged yesterday!

Congrats! That is such a sweet story. He got mom involved and everything. And you have your reaction on video to help you remember the day.

I'm so excited that I just had to share! My boyfriend had been hinting to me for months that some sort of an engagement might be coming up, but all he would say is "It'll be before we go to Morocco in 2008" which to me meant that it wouldn't happen until the day before we left.

Yesterday was my boyfriend (well, now fiancee) and my housewarming party. We just moved in to an apt and we decided to have a nice big get together. I've been planning this party for about 2 months now, deciding on what kind of food to get and even ordering a photo cake that said "Congratulations Stephanie & Adil on your new home".

So yesterday we wake up and we're trying to get everything together because the party was to start at 7. Everything that could go wrong, did go wrong! My mother goes to pick up the cake and comes back to let me know that the baker wrote the wrong thing on the cake and she has to go back, even though when I went to the door I saw her carry a cake upstairs. So at first, I think nothing of it, but when she comes back downstairs I wind up asking her "Are you sure? I could've just sworn that I saw a cake." Her answer? "...No, thats hor dourves (sp)." Then one of my lamps broke, our lunch got BURNED (because we literally were doing too much at one time).

Anyway, 7:00 starts and friends start to arrive and its literally some of the best fun I've ever had. Everyone's laughing and eating and cracking jokes :yep: My mother decides at this point that she wants to bring out the video camera. All I could do was :nono:, reminding her that this was not my 7th birthday party and we need to quit with the video camera antics. So she tells me to go sit down on the couch and so I go, and it wasn't until I sat down that I realized that they had turned the music off. People are moving things off the tables and getting out cameras so I'm just lost. Finally I hear my boyfriend from in the hallway walk in and shout "YO STEPH YOU HAVE TO CHECK THIS CAKE OUT!!" and comes and gives it to me. Mind you though, there's a piece of paper covering the cake. So I look at him and go "The paper is covering it what am I seeing?" and I just rip it off. I look at the photo and of course am :grin: but instead of having CONGRATULATIONS, they put "STEPH, WILL YOU MARRY ME?" next to our picture! I didn't even catch the question on the cake until about 10 seconds later and I just bursted into tears! Then he kneels down in front of me and goes "Stephanie, will you marry me?" and I'm just crying and snotting everywhere :lachen:

Everyone starts shouting "Say yes!!" and I nod my head because I literally couldn't speak. We hug and kiss and I yell to him "Oh my god you're so stupid!" because he surprised the heck outta me. So he goes to put on the ring and his hands are trembling but hes beeming from ear to ear it was amazing. :grin:

He got me a 1.01 carat round solitaire with a 14k white gold band. Here's a pic of it!
n35404765_31410806_4482.jpg

I just had to share :)

What a beautiful story!!!!!!!! Congratulations! That is wonderful!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I'm kinda going through a recent rejection:nono:

But it warms my heart to hear happy stories like this :grin:

May you grow into one of those really cute, sweet old couples who always pick on each other. YAY!!!! :lachen:

Back