I got a Syntonics relaxer ya'll...(pic)

ShiShiPooPoo

...and I am impressed!

First of all it is a lye relaxer that is botanically based. It was rec. to me because the stylist knew that I liked the Phyto and she said that this was similiar but that it didn't leave you dry like Phyto sometimes is known for. My hair feels fantastic...nice and supple. She did not put any product on it at all. She did flat iron it (which I'm in bootcamp so this is my one free pass) and tomorrow it will go right back up in my protective style. Also, I saw some decent growth since my last relaxer (11/30/07). She also said my hair was in great condition but to back up off those ponytails:ohwell:.

Oh, and the relaxer DID NOT BURN AT ALL.

Is the pic in your siggy (and avatar the result of the relaxer)? Either way, your hair looks great! Shiny, bouncy, and I like the set! Hmmmmm... I did just bump a Syntonics thread some weeks ago. Don't make me add this BACK to my list of "inquiries"!!

Is the pic in your siggy (and avatar the result of the relaxer)? Either way, your hair looks great! Shiny, bouncy, and I like the set! Hmmmmm... I did just bump a Syntonics thread some weeks ago. Don't make me add this BACK to my list of "inquiries"!!

Yes...those pics are fresh from this evening...and gracias.

Your hair looks great. I'm interested in this relaxer too but the last relaxer I got I choose affirm. Now I'm kinda worried about that because I read that it thins out your hair. I'm loving your results and may give syntonics a try my next go round because Nairobi is so hard to get.

Your hair looks great. Do you know if it can be purchased online?

I'm not sure...going to look...

Your hair looks great. I'm interested in this relaxer too but the last relaxer I got I choose affirm. Now I'm kinda worried about that because I read that it thins out your hair. I'm loving your results and may give syntonics a try my next go round because Nairobi is so hard to get.

I stopped getting Affirm a long time ago...I guess it just seemed like stylists were using better relaxers. I really liked Nairobi, my old stylist used that one when my hair was super short.

Woowwww! Your hair looks really great:scratchch......I'm getting out of here. If you're a Phyto lover and a PJ,:Run:

YOU HAVE SEVERELY PEAKED MY INTEREST!! :lick: SYNTONICS HUH?? SOOO- ANY MORE INFO ON THIS? A THREAD TO BUMP PERHAPS?????

The only reason I even knew about it was because I approached this stylist months ago and she asked me what relaxer I used...at the time Phyto. She then said something like, "You would probably like Syntonics then." and it kind of went from there. I came on here and did a search...NOTHING...went online...NOTHING...so today I was like WTH, sometimes you gotta be the guinea pig doggonit!

OK - NOW I'M REALLY INTERESTED. I'M A HOP SKIP FROM HOTLANTA. I WOULD BE WILLING TO TAKE A TRIP IF MY HAIR COULD LOOK HALF AS FABULOUS AS YOURS!!!

The only reason I even knew about it was because I approached this stylist months ago and she asked me what relaxer I used...at the time Phyto. She then said something like, "You would probably like Syntonics then." and it kind of went from there. I came on here and did a search...NOTHING...went online...NOTHING...so today I was like WTH, sometimes you gotta be the guinea pig doggonit!

LOL yup:yep:

Your hair is FAB! It looks extrememly healthy too. Thanks for the review

Your hair is beautiful! I had to dump my old stylist last year and this new stylist uses syntonic in mild on my hair. She only goes through it like twice so it left me texlaxed. It definitely different from my old relaxer and that one was super and my hair was always bone strait. I love that i didn't experience any burning but the new texture will take a lil getting use to.

I've been thinking of switching to a lye relaxer :scratchch

If it gives me shine like that, I'm ALL on it! Girl, your hair looks bomb! It's just a-blingin! I'm sooooo hating on you! :catfight:

Your hair is beautiful. I am afraid of relaxers that don't burn, I think I would end up over processed with them:nono::nono:

ShiShiPooPoo, your hair looks great! PLUS, I purchased a Syntonic Leave-In Conditioner at Ensley Beauty Supply in B'ham. The store has the whole line, but I couldn't purchase the relaxer b/c I'm not licensed. The haircare line does seem to have a lot of good ingredients in it and its fairly reasonable.

Woowwww! Your hair looks really great:scratchch......I'm getting out of here. If you're a Phyto lover and a PJ,:Run:
For real! I've been googling and reading for the last 30 minutes. It looks awesome.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the love ladies. You know the TRUE test is the weeks and days afterward. My hair is still wrapped up and so I am interested to see what's going on the day after. What was interesting last night is that she didn't put any product on my hair at all and it came out so great. We'll see though.

Thanks for all the love ladies. You know the TRUE test is the weeks and days afterward. My hair is still wrapped up and so I am interested to see what's going on the day after. What was interesting last night is that she didn't put any product on my hair at all and it came out so great. We'll see though.

Keep us posted. I just found it online (no license required) in both lye and no-lye. It also comes in sensitive formula with mild, regular, and resistant strengths.

Last edited:
Back