I found Spectrum Coconut Oil for $4

tada1

I've always wanted to try this brand but never felt convinced enough to spend $8 on it. Well, right after i resolve to curb all forms of impulse buying, I find it on sale for $3.99 at Payless aka Kroger.

Sorry PJs, but this deal deserved a PSA! :grin:

I have a Playless down the street from me and it's a store of Krogers but it's a mexican store, I've looked in the shampoo aisle before only spanish products. Lol but it won't hurt to go check tomorrow.

That's a really good price! Too bad I'm already stocked up it. My uncle makes it at his house and gave me a mason jar full. Now I have my own personal coconut oil maker:grin:

BTW, I now realize why it costs so much. He says it's a lot of work (time and effort) with the coconuts to get an adequate supply.

What a great deal!! I usually buy my refined Spectrum coconut oil from the grocery store. I buy the one in the jar, found in the cooking section for $7.99:ohwell:.

I started off using Spectrum Coconut oil, but the health food store I used to get it from said they no longer carry it because their shipments kept coming in moldy:blush:. The ones I purchased were never moldy or got moldy so IDK...just FYI.

I have a Playless down the street from me and it's a store of Krogers but it's a mexican store, I've looked in the shampoo aisle before only spanish products. Lol but it won't hurt to go check tomorrow.

Really what isle is it in? and is it unrefined?

I found it in the natural food section. I've noticed that many Krogers now have a section near the fruits section that's dedicated to more natural products

I started off using Spectrum Coconut oil, but the health food store I used to get it from said they no longer carry it because their shipments kept coming in moldy:blush:. The ones I purchased were never moldy or got moldy so IDK...just FYI.

maybe that's why Kroger is trying to get rid of it...lol

Dang good loooking. Wish I had a Krogers.

Anyway, I just realized how good coconut oil is. I had some extra, I dont like to use it in my hair that much in the winter (because for me, when you go in the cold, it tends to make my hair stiff because I thnk the coconut oil turns into solid again, but once your in room temp it gets normal) but anyway, i put it in a bodyscrub I made with sugar....my skin soooo moisturized, i didnt even have to use a lotion when I got finished. I tried to do the same thing with soybean oil :nono: No ma'am. When you use it on your hair and skin, it really seems to get in there more, plus it smells better than some other oils. Hope you like it $4 is a great price, it has other benefits too I believe it helps with keeping your scalp clean like tea trea oil and of course you probally know how its one of the few oils that penetrate the hair.

Back