I finally started an album!!!!!!!!!

NewYorkgyrl

I was finally able to get something together. It is not much, only pictures from 2 months. What do you ladies think, any tips or suggestion? My hair is relaxed and naturally thin (no products has EVER worked) it is genetic. Although I am considering tryin Nioxin products. I believe I am 4a/b (still confused about how to figure it out).

I am trying to decide if I should go back to the baggie method, however, it was causing breakage in the past. With such thin hair, what are the best oils to put in the baggie? And how else can I style my hair besides using the phony pony when going out.

I have not been able to find bun covers anywhere. (I recently moved to Philadelphia for a medical post-bach program so phily ladies help me out).

Oh yeah the album link and password is in my profile.

Your hair looks nice!

I really like the color/highlights

Your ends looks really good

Your hair looks great and your ends look nice! My hair is fine, so I'd recommend using carrot oil since it's light, but it definitely keeps the moisture in. Jojoba oil is also good, but I use this mainly for hot oil treatments.

NewYorkgyrl said:
I am trying to decide if I should go back to the baggie method, however, it was causing breakage in the past. With such thin hair, what are the best oils to put in the baggie? .

Your hair looks great. I love the color!! I am not too keen on phony ponies my self. I just started with the baggie method and use a very thin satin night cap to cover it. Then I use a scrunchie up and down the length of it. I have a pic in my album.

I know oils are heavy, but what I use is a combo of Kera Care Essential Oils & Nexxus Botinacal oils.

Thanks for Sharing!!

Thanks ladies for the wonderful comments. I am still working on finding the "perfect regimine" but we all know that takes time. Please feel free to give any suggestions to help a sister out.

Thank you ladies for all the wonderful compliments. The ladies on this forum are sooo encouraging. I have been viewing other albums for such a long time it was time for me to share something too.

Your hair is so beautiful - how could you have hidden it away so long!!! You will be amazed how helpful these pictures will be because you will be able to see your progress. I live in Philly too so I am anxious to read what other philly LHCF will recommend.

Your hair is very pretty--it doesn't look thin at all! Your current length is my next goal. Keep up the good work.

Thanks ladies! I really appreciate all of you guys compliments. Glossylipz I have been a fan of yours since I came to this forum. I love your hair!

Your hair looks lovely and the highlights are very pretty.

Like some other posters said, if your hair is thin and/or fine carrot oil and jojoba oil are probably best. Sweet almond oil is very light also. Save heavier oils like coconut and shea for hot oil treatments before shampooing. Quite a few ladies have used castor oil successfully, but it is the heaviest oil I've tried and for me just not worth the sticky bother.

How come you had breakage with the baggy method?

Hey MissBliss, thanks for the advice about the oils. I plan on using Carrot oil in my baggie and Carrot Oil cream on my ends for when I air dry.

I had breakage from the baggie (I tried it for 6 months) because I believe it was the mixture of oils sitting on wet hair. And I also did not wash out the oils, I would wear the baggie for five days straight. Although this works for some people it did not work for me. I hope that it works well on dry hair.

Newyorkgrl you hair is lovely, it's not thin at all. Another light oil you could try is Keracare Silk n' Seal. Also try putting your hair in a baggie after it has been dried. I noticed that my hair used to break in the baggie when put in wet only.

HTH

Thanks pradalover for the suggestion.

I just finished a bottle of silken seal a couple months ago maybe I will be buy another one. And you are right, I am going to put my baggie on when my hair is dry.

I am glad I am not the only one that got breakage from it when my hair is wet. I was beginning to think it was just me.

Very, Very Pretty.

I know exactly what you are staying. I too have FINE not thin hair like you. And there is nothing wrong with it. My has thicken up so much now its looked after. It will never be super thick.
I always rollerset to make hair have so much volume without all that damage

Kizzy

Thank you for the compliment kizzylonghair!

I just recently purchased Nioxin conditioner so I am gonna try this for a while and see if it helps my THIN hair. I am also doing the baggie I just started yesterday.

Back