I Finally Posted Pics!

cybra

Don't hate me, but, I finally posted pics and this time it's not with braids. A month ago, as many of you know, I went to my daughter's graduation in California. Well, at that time I decided I'd give MYSELF a texturizer so my hair would stand up to the heat, since I wasn't in the mood to braid. BAD IDEA!!!! Well, although I left the junk on my hair only 5 mins, the scalp hair was straight while all the rest was in a fuzzy, poof state...never did make nice soft curls like I had expected. So, I tried putting stuff on it, like gels, etc, and then thinking if I put "plats" in it and then dampen them before taking them down it would actu right...WRONG! Well, now, I have...well, I don't really know what I have. But, today I decided to borrow my daughter's flat iron and straighten it as much as possible so I can do some comparative pics with when I started. That did make me feel better. Even after slowly cutting all my previous relaxed hair off as I went natural, my final results was much longer than when I started. I do have some things I need to do to my hair, but all and all it's doing fine.

In all honesty, the progress isn't so great as to need me post my regimen...so I didn't. But, I did put pics of my attempt at texturizing and my comparison pics.

Good luck to all with your growth journey. I'm not discouraged, I still intend to do everything possible to get my hair bra length again...someday...:)

Maybe 'cause I'm an amateur when it comes to hair, but the texturizer looked good to me. But on the up and up your hair is looking good.

DatJerseyDyme said:
WOW! Your hair is really really thick and I *love* the color!

Thanks ladies, although I honestly feel you're being extra kind to an old lady...:rofl:. But the color is natural. As a matter of fact, I was just telling my hubby that the gray around the front edges has to go. However, I'm so funny about dyeing my hair because of the damage dyes usually have on hair. Oh well, for now I just need to get it super moisturized before I will do anything else to it.

Thanks so very much, again.

Your texturizer is SOOO GORGEOUS, I WISH MINE CAME OUT LIKE YOURS, IT LOOKS VERY NATURAL and I LOVE YOUR FLATIRONED PICS, ITS SOO HEALTHY AND THICK. NICE COLOUR TOO

i LOVE the way your hair came out! i don't think it was a disaster either. what look are you trying to achieve with the gels and stuff? if you'd like some advice on that, PM me because i don't always make it to this side of the board. i've become quite proficient at the braidout and might be able to give you some tips. :look:

very healthy looking, cybra... !!!!!! i love your length, too...and you look beautiful in braids as well... you put me in the mind of the suzanne douglass. i will never forget when my hair was the length your hair is now, it was much thicker and easier to manage....

take care.

No, it's not a plait out or twist out...well, not really. What happened was this:

I washed it and put some of my usual gel on it so it would curl or at least have deep waves, I got neither...just some soft, fuzzy looking waves. It began to separate, which is something my hair does if I have been wearing it parted for a long time...I've been braiding my hair for almost 2 years...many times in almost the same styles. So, when it wouldn't do anything I thought if I could just pick up some hair and braid it for a little while then take out the braids and then let it finish drying in the wavey patterns I thought the braids would give it. No go! It looked practically the same. So, I gave up, took a few pics, wet it again and pulled it back and popped on one of my "phony ponies" that I make and people think is my real hair...:)

Now, however, I'm wondering if I just give it some time so it can not be as straight at the scalp, maybe, just maybe with a little curl gel it might look a bit better. We'll see.

Thanks to you all for your compliments, and moreover, thank you so much for all the hair tips. I honestly feel much of what I have learned on this forum has truly helped me take better care of my hair. You are all so very awesome and dear to me. Thank a ton.

Back