I finally made a decision

• Thread starter Thread starter JenniferMD
  • Start date Start date
To me it seemed like most people told you that it's your hair and you should do what you want, but excessive heat can be damaging.
Anyway, your avatar looks really pretty.

[ QUOTE ]
NubianAngel said:
To me it seemed like most people told you that it's your hair and you should do what you want, but excessive heat can be damaging.

[/ QUOTE ]

You didn't see the remarks in my photo album from them which I erased. Honeydrop saw them.

Oh, that's really a shame that people dropped you negative comments in your album. I just felt bad for the people that were really supportive of you in your thread, given the vibes you gave of the site. If it makes you feel better (of course I understand if it wont
tongue.gif
) haters love to act out in fotki albums, no matter what your hair situation. It's not indicative of the general population of the site, altough I wish that the mods wouldn't be so quick to dismiss issues relating to the rudeness people receive in their guestbooks. But then again, I have alot of issues with moderation methods at too many of these sites
smile.gif

Jennifer - I think I responded on that thread and said something about "do what you want."

I am worried I am starting to be hated over there simply b/c I am doing a long transition. Oh well, I just try to take the tips that I find useful. Does make me worry of posting and being hated b/c I hate to be hated.

There is useful information on the site and I guess that's one thing I can take from it.

Ok, that was completely off-topic but I just wanted to say that I'm glad you did what was best for you and didn't let the opinion of others get to you!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Sunnydey- "What brands of shampoo and conditioner are you currently using?" -- Well, you have Supergirl, Armyqt and Allandra to blame because I have no idea anymore. Three weeks ago it was Moisture Thearpy by Barry Fletcher, two weeks ago it was Motions Oil moisturizer and this week it will be Neutrogena Triple
Mositure!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

wasntme.gif
lachen70.gif
j/k

[ QUOTE ]
JenniferMD said:
[ QUOTE ]
NubianAngel said:

[/ QUOTE ]

You didn't see the remarks in my photo album from them which I erased. Honeydrop saw them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Jennifer,
Did you know that you can change the way people post their remarks in your album. You can make is so only fotki members can post in your album. I have to do this sometimes because I have an album stalker. I've been deleting my stalker's comments for the last few months. My stalker even had the nerve to follow me to Nappturality to send me nasty pms.
smile.gif
Oh well, I guess that's just a risk you take by posting photos.

I saw that on NP, I tried to post something in your defense but they ignored me
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif
I don't think that some of those ladies need to be so judgmental. If they want more black women to go natural, they need to remember that you catch more flies with honey!
In anycase, your hair is beautiful!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Armyqt said:
[ QUOTE ]
Sunnydey- "What brands of shampoo and conditioner are you currently using?" -- Well, you have Supergirl, Armyqt and Allandra to blame because I have no idea anymore. Three weeks ago it was Moisture Thearpy by Barry Fletcher, two weeks ago it was Motions Oil moisturizer and this week it will be Neutrogena Triple
Mositure!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

wasntme.gif
lachen70.gif
j/k

[/ QUOTE ]
wasntme.gif
either
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
[ QUOTE ]
Armyqt said:
[ QUOTE ]
Mositure!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

wasntme.gif
lachen70.gif
j/k

[/ QUOTE ]
wasntme.gif
either
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

lachen70.gif
Oh, how soon they forget!
huh.gif

Don't let them deceive yall:
lachen70.gif

000_0642-vi.jpg

I am offically on Product Probation!!!!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
JenniferMD said:
[ QUOTE ]
AFashionSlave said:
Your hair looks beautiful & Nappturality is not a cult!

[/ QUOTE ]

lachen70.gif
It just seemed like it to me! Maybe I just went on the wrong day. The tone I got was GO NATURAL or else
whip.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The site is positive for those who really want to go natural not for those who want to be natural but straighten all the time. Why are you so afraid of people who you don't even know.

[ QUOTE ]
JenniferMD said:
I decided to go onto NP.com to get some information on being natural, but that site seemed more like a cult that had no room for those who are indecisive.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree, when I was going through a state that I was thinking about staying natural or getting a relaxer after 3 years of being natural, I posted it and they jumped on me like rabid dogs for even thinking about it. I won't go back there...uh uh not me.
But not to mention I relaxed my hair anyway.

[ QUOTE ]
JenniferMD said:
000_0642-vi.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]
Let me find out you're a little product junkie. You go girl.
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
ThickHair said:
[ QUOTE ]
JenniferMD said:
[ QUOTE ]
AFashionSlave said:
Your hair looks beautiful & Nappturality is not a cult!

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that she is "afraid" of anyone but who wants to be bashed for their personal hair decisions?

What do you mean why did she transition if her heart was not into it? What works for one does not work for all. That does not mean that her heart is not into it. I have attempted to transition 3 times and was successful only once. Each time I get closer and closer but what works for one may not work for all. While one may prefer their hair in its natural state it may be more convenient for someone else to relax.

lachen70.gif
It just seemed like it to me! Maybe I just went on the wrong day. The tone I got was GO NATURAL or else
whip.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The site is positive for those who really want to go natural not for those who want to be natural but straighten all the time. Why are you so afraid of people who you don't even know.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
[ QUOTE ]
JenniferMD said:
000_0642-vi.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]
Let me find out you're a little product junkie. You go girl.
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
rofl.gif

Your hair is beautiful...I can't wait until I can finally make a decision with my hair. The perms I tried really broke my hair off in the back are. area. I started to go to a Dominican salon as well (I live in the DC area) too. And the result was horrible,,,the blowouts became very stressful on my relaxed hair. I had started to stretch my perm to 6 months. Which I happy to see the new growth, because my hair was really thinning.

My perm hair is touching my shoulders, but I barely wear it down due to the thinning. I would try braids for a while, but afraid that it would break off the hair that is thin. Whew…all this makes a sista want to give up on reaching her goal. So now I just simply let my hair be. I normally where is up in a protective style, without using any heat, brushing, or perms. Do you have any suggestions on how I can achieve thicker hair?

Again your hair is very beautiful.

Take care

[ QUOTE ]
ThickHair said:
What was the purpose of transitioning when your heart wasn't into it??

[/ QUOTE ]

I took really good care of my hair while in my transition phase and I think that shows that my heart was in it. However, In the end I decided not to go natural. There's nothing wrong with that.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
ThickHair said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're 100% correct! And I just wish that the board was positive for those who want more information for going natural, want to slowly grow out of their relaxer, or just indecisive and have come for advice as well as those who "really want to go natural".

And Tonya said it best for me about the afraid comment.

Your hair looks wonderful and very healthy! Stretching out the relaxer for 9 months is a huge accomplishment, way to go! :-)

Jennifer, I just looked at your updated pictures and I just gotta tell you that you have BEAUTIFUL hair!! I love your "two cornrowed braids" pictures, and also your Dominican blow-out pics. Your hair is REALLY looking AWESOME!!
up.gif
up.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
Keep up the good work!!
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
JenniferMD said:
[ QUOTE ]
NubianAngel said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yup, and it made me mad and sad that people would actually have the nerve to insult her in her own album!

but anyway, your hair looks GREAT Jen!

[ QUOTE ]
Lindy said:
Jennifer, I just looked at your updated pictures and I just gotta tell you that you have BEAUTIFUL hair!! I love your "two cornrowed braids" pictures, and also your Dominican blow-out pics. Your hair is REALLY looking AWESOME!!
up.gif
up.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
Keep up the good work!!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto! It has gotten so thick since she first started
smile.gif

Thank you so much Lindy, Ayeshia and honeydrop! Now I can return to creating different styles with my hair. I forgot that I use to come up with some pretty creative designs. My hair has definitely picked up thickness wise because the back of my hair is finally catching up to the rest of my hair.

You're welcome, Jennifer!!
smile.gif
... BTW... what are quarter curls, & how do you do them?? (Like you, I'm always on the lookout for new & different styles!!
sekret.gif
)

Back