I finally let 'em go.....

DozenRoses99

After 22.5 months, I finally let go of my relaxed ends! I had been doing mini-chops every 3-4 months so I actually did not have a tremendous amount of hair to cut off. I have been wanting to cut them off for 3 months, but I wanted to stick to my goal of waiting a full 24 months. I'm happy that I decided to take the plunge early:grin: It feels good not having to try to blend the straight relaxed ends with my 22.5 months of new growth! It is so wild and amazing to know that for the first time in over 20 years, I have no chemicals in my hair!

This was my hair before I took the scissors to the relaxed ends:
100_0708.jpg

This is after the quick BC and my hair dried 80% with no product:
100_0715-1-1.jpg

This is a length check after the BC. (My nape has been fully natural for a few months. The relaxed ends were all this length in order to have my hair even when straightened...)
100_0718-1.jpg

These are shots of my hair the first time that I washed after the BC: (I found several random relaxed pieces that I needed to trim off.)
100_0734-1.jpg
freshwashed3.jpg

After 22.5 months, I finally let go of my relaxed ends! I had been doing mini-chops every 3-4 months so I actually did not have a tremendous amount of hair to cut off. I have been wanting to cut them off for 3 months, but I wanted to stick to my goal of waiting a full 24 months. I'm happy that I decided to take the plunge early:grin: It feels good not having to try to blend the straight relaxed ends with my 22.5 months of new growth! It is so wild and amazing to know that for the first time in over 20 years, I have no chemicals in my hair!

100_0708.jpg

100_0715-1-1.jpg

This is a length check after the BC. (My nape has been fully natural for a few months. The relaxed ends were all this length in order to have my hair even when straightened...)
100_0718-1.jpg

These are shots of my hair the first time that I washed after the BC: (I found several random relaxed pieces that I needed to trim off.)
100_0734-1.jpg
freshwashed3.jpg

You've got some great growth in 24 months :grin:

Congrats!! Your hair is beautiful. I'm at 14 months in my transition. These pics are encouraging me to hold out on the BC until my birthday in Feb.

100_0708.jpg

100_0715-1-1.jpg

100_0718-1.jpg

100_0734-1.jpg
freshwashed3.jpg

Man, your hair is BEAUTIFUL!!

DAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYUMM 22.5 MONTHS TRANSITIONING I ADMIRE YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE......AND YOUR HAIR IS ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL! YOU GO GIRL!

Your hair looks Great!
I know I should be doing the same thing but I am trying to wait until the end of this year/or early 09' before I cut of my relaxed ends...

Back