I finally did something!! I'm off the fence!

arosieworld

Thanks 4 our nail *****!
SO I finally texlaxed and I can't believe how happy I am.
I wanted to stay natural but I was losing hair left and right. Those stupid knots and buns just broke my hair to pieces. BKT did nothing but detangle and I so needed a wash and go. My laziness and lifestyle demanded something easier. I used ORS lye relaxers and these are pictures of a wash and go from this morning. I used my new love tresseme flawless curls conditioner and the hydrating creame then I twisted my few straight heat damaged strands at the front with the mousse. You can tell my bangs have issues they were already straight so I did not relax them at all. My bangs are the only area I used heat on all the time to match my hair with wigs and ponies. I still have crazy shrinkage but at least it hits my shoulders now.
061510141847-vi.jpg
061510142023-vi.jpg
061510142053-vi.jpg
061510142210-vi.jpg
061510142311-vi.jpg
061510142254-vi.jpg
061510150003.jpg

Excuse the no make up and the copious amount of pics.

Well it looks good. How long since you shaved your head?
Thanks! I am happy. I shaved my head over 2 years ago but I started growing it November 2008, 19 months, I guess since I put away the clippers. My hair is insane... it can't be stopped. This was over 10 minutes with undiluted extra strength lye relaxer I tried once before with a conditioner mix for 5-7 minutes and nothing happened. I only lost like 10 hairs which is not that many more that a normal DC for me.

Woah your natural hair shrinkage is CRAZY! Would have never thought it was that much hair in there.
Thanks the shrinkage was insane!!! That pic of me natural was before styling almost dry and the last pic in my sig is me straightened but its longer now. If I would put my hair in a wet bun the shrinkage would cause it to expand and break in the hair tie. I sweat so much my head is always on fire that with the summer I wanted something easier. I love that I can put my hair in a pony tail now without having to straighten it first.
If it were not for this site my hair would never be this long and this healthy. I am so glad I found you all. I used to use chemicals like a idiot but now I feel like I can have healthy hair in any style I like as long and I research here how to take care of it.

Aww! It looks so cute, and Yes, you had major shrinkage, I am glad you are happy with your choice, your hair looks so fluffy and healthy!! I too remembered when you shaved your head!

Back