I Finally Big Chopped!

BlessedXs2

i finally big chopped after about 20 months of transitioning! I absolutely LOVE my Afro! I still have a cute ponytail puff that I plan on rocking like no tomorrow. My next question is what now. I know my hair will change over the next few months but what do I do to help it along the way?? My plan is to dc once a week have a mid week co wash and moisturize and seal daily or every other day as needed.

Also I plan on getting it cleaned up and shaped before I wear it out I know it looks crazy now

Attachments

• 9F45407B-1DCD-40A1-B981-3D33B6B9276E.jpeg
    9F45407B-1DCD-40A1-B981-3D33B6B9276E.jpeg
    522 KB · Views: 220
giphy.gif

i'm so excited for you, OP! pretty hair and color.

the routine you described sounds like a good start-what products are you planning to use? and where are you planning to get shaped up? I just wanted to warn you about being careful....some stylists can be overzealous with the scissors and i don't want you to get your hair cut unnecessarily. your ends and shape of your hair already look quite nice as it is.

i'm so excited for you, OP! pretty hair and color.

the routine you described sounds like a good start-what products are you planning to use? and where are you planning to get shaped up? I just wanted to warn you about being careful....some stylists can be overzealous with the scissors and i don't want you to get your hair cut unnecessarily. your ends and shape of your hair already look quite nice as it is.

For my transitioning hair I have been shampooing with cream of nature sulfate free and co washing with Aussie moist and 3 minute miracle. Dc with tgin honey miracle mask and I just used the Shea moisture manukau honey and really like that. When I bought my scissors last night I picked up curl enhancing smoothie that I liked. Usually use Cantu leave in. I seal with a Shea butter mix and moisturize with s curl. I’m going to keep using these products unless my hair tell me to change. My ends feel rough right now. Idk if that’s because they have texture now or what.
I have a friend who uses a stylist she swears by.

Thank you everyone for the kind words I will take them with me as I go out back to work today with my new hair. I’m just realizing I actually did it. Can y’all link some threads that’ll help me along the way. Or Youtube videos

Back