I Finally Big Chopped!

You have a great length! I'd do a nice twist out on that !
Thank you! It’s definitely on my to do list. I wanted my hair longer especially in the front but I started looking up awkward length hair styles and knew if nothing else I have enough hair for a puff. It’s a lot more hair than I thought it would be. I’m so happy to finally be done transitioning.

Hey @BlessedXs2 ...Here are some medium "awkward length" style tutorials that I like:

I am currently at this length myself, and I think that it's really only "awkward" if I have unrealistic expectations of my hair. no, my braidouts won't have as much hang as someone with BSL hair, but they can still be very cute in their own way. :yep:

Thanks @Rocky91 .. these are some really nice styles. I currently have a really short from but in braids, but I know the only style that will look cute at such short lengths would be cute perm rod sets. When I was natural the only way I wore my hair was in flat twist outs until it got longer. I never experimented with other styles. When I was natural before styling was my biggest challenge. Twist outs were a no fail for me. I wonder how long perm rods take to dry and how long they last?

Thanks @Rocky91 .. these are some really nice styles. I currently have a really short from but in braids, but I know the only style that will look cute at such short lengths would be cute perm rod sets. When I was natural the only way I wore my hair was in flat twist outs until it got longer. I never experimented with other styles. When I was natural before styling was my biggest challenge. Twist outs were a no fail for me. I wonder how long perm rods take to dry and how long they last?
The perm rods will probably take 45 min-1 hour to dry and it can last about a week, as long as you're okay with the style becoming a fro.

Congrats! I love the color!

I always suggest clarifying as a first step when getting to know your hair. I had to do this a few times going from heat-trained to natural. I did it several times when going from relaxed to natural, but that's because I was using grease which made my texture a lot different. After that, it's a learning experience that can be a lot of fun!

Congrats! I love the color!

I always suggest clarifying as a first step when getting to know your hair. I had to do this a few times going from heat-trained to natural. I did it several times when going from relaxed to natural, but that's because I was using grease which made my texture a lot different. After that, it's a learning experience that can be a lot of fun!
Thank you I ll try that next time I wash. The back of my hair which is type 4 and has amazing curls but the front is this funky wave thing. I hope once my hair has been free a bit longer it’ll do its thing. I would think it was heat damage but I only flat ironed twice and it’s the whole front middle sections any advice is appreciated

Here is my wash and NO puff. I love the little curls but I’ve already seen a single strand knot. It’s funny that I hoped for looser curls to be honest but the kinkiest part of my hair is BY FAR the most beautiful texture I have. Natural hair is amazing.

Attachments

• 55B5A066-31F5-497E-84C3-2DA5CF97547C.jpeg
    55B5A066-31F5-497E-84C3-2DA5CF97547C.jpeg
    726.7 KB · Views: 25
Hey @BlessedXs2 ...Here are some medium "awkward length" style tutorials that I like:

I am currently at this length myself, and I think that it's really only "awkward" if I have unrealistic expectations of my hair. no, my braidouts won't have as much hang as someone with BSL hair, but they can still be very cute in their own way. :yep:

This twist out is amazing!!!

Back