I FINALLY BIG CHOPPED and it Looks Horrible!

It def needs time... right out the gate my bc looked an almighty mess... :nono: I was so frustrated. But after a couple weeks, it's 'settling in' now :lachen: and everything is just sorta coming together. Give it time, work with it a bit. :)

. My head looks like a weird reverse mullet.:lachen:

Oh, and as for products I am using, right now I am using:

Suave clarifying shampoo
Suave Naturals coconut conditioner
Giovanni direct leave in
KKKT
KKCC
Eco styler gel with olive oil
Coconut Oil
Olive Oil

Mixed Chicks
Mixed Silk
ORS conditioner
Styling foam
Tresseme Mousse

What you have is a short boy cut or a very short bob. It's not unusual. With the emboldened list of products, after a wash, pile on any of those products, take a Denman brush and slick your hair back or give a part and slick back sideways.

janet-jackson-hair.jpg

@Ms._Martina - Maybe you can try flat two strand twists. My crown is a lot looser than the rest of my hair and I feel that a flat twist out really gets my entire head looking uniform. Just be sure to let it dry COMPLETELY. If not, the curlier part of your hair WILL shrink up (I know from experience). I'm still transitioning but I thought I'd throw this your way just in case this could help.

My hair didn't "act" right at first either. I BC'ed last April...and I can't believe now how I didn't like my hair b/c I LOVE it now. You have to try some different products and play in the mirror a little to see what works for you. Try doing a hot oil treatment before your shampoo and dc to give your hair more moisture. Sometimes moisture alon makes my hair act right. Youtube is a great resource!!!

I know that feeling all too well. After my initial excitement about my BC I had a serious case of hair depression. 1) wash & go-FAIL 2) Twist out-FAIL 3) ends- Bushy and non compliant, not to mention the trial mix of textures as you so eloquently put it.

All the ladies have given you some great advice. I would just like to add, don't judge your hair on the first month after your BC alone.

Back