I feel so loved

Summer_Rain

I don't talk about my rlp much (outside of the dog issue) but I just have to acknowledge that I really do have a good good black man on my team and I feel so tremendously blessed. The Charlotte area has gotten pretty much heavy bordering on torrential rains for the past 24hrs. My county got about 4inches over nite alone. I usually have my son to school by 615, at 6am I get that automated msg saying there would be a delayed opening. My job has a pretty strict attendance policy so me being late would be considered half a strike against me. I was so nervous this morning, damn near in tears - my SO said he'd call in late to work so he could take Jay to school.

So he takes Jay to school and he's greeted at the door with the notice that they just decided to cancel it all together! :nono: Now me leaving work to stay home w/him would be considered a FULL strike (3 strikes in 6 months and you're giving a final written notice). So he calls me to tell me that he's taking Jay to work with him. His job is more family friendly and they're ok with it. But I'm still paranoid about it all. I've called him 4 times already telling him I'll come pick up Jay and just take the strike. He hung up on me the last time and told me to quit bothering him :lachen:

I've never had problems dating as a single mom, but it's not every day that you meet a man who truly loves, takes care of, and makes sacrifices for your child(ren) as if they were his own. If you are fortunate enough to have that in your life - please cherish it!

That is such a sweet story Summer. Don't be surprised you got such a great man, you are a wonderful woman so you deserve it! [FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Summer,

What an inspiring thread, thanks for sharing...Yet another reminder to me of how fortunate I am to have my ever so handy, and loving SO in my life...

I agree - that is truly a blessing!

Glad you didn't have to miss work. It's awesome to have someone who has your back.

So when's the wedding? :look:

:lachen: He hit you with the dial tone! Everything you share about him is just beautiful. But I hope you know you deserve everything and him. Two beautiful people growing as a couple.

I agree - that is truly a blessing!

Glad you didn't have to miss work. It's awesome to have someone who has your back.

So when's the wedding? :look:

:sekret: He doesn't know it yet, but I'm already shopping e-rings. I plan to start dropping those "hints" around Xmas time :lachen:

Thanks ladies. Another blessing just rolled in, my manager told me that if I have to leave - not to worry about it. They won't count it against me. this is such an extreme and rare situation, that no one could really plan for it.

I mean, who expects a school closing on day 3 due to flooding and heavy rains when we've been in and out of a state of drought for the last year!!

:lachen: He hit you with the dial tone! Everything you share about him is just beautiful. But I hope you know you deserve everything and him. Two beautiful people growing as a couple.

He won't even answer his phone now. :rolleyes: Once my manager told me (a few minutes ago) that I could leave without the strike - I was like good, let me call him. Negro ain't pickin up. :lachen:

He's an only child, spoiled with no children and has had no major responsibilities in his entire life. He told me last week that he's still waiting for the moment where he can really step up to the plate and "handle" a situation for us. He used me breaking down on the side of the road while he's 80miles away as an example. I was like - well thats what my roadside assistance is for.

Well, buddy got his chance to step up and get his handle on today!

SummerRain,

Thanks for sharing such a sweet story. Love like that should be cherished. I'm sure Jay is fine and loves being at work with your man. Relax and have a great day. SD

He sounds like a winner.:yep: Make them plans, girl...I ain't mad atcha!:lachen:

O/T: How bad is it there? My dh is on a plane to Charlotte as we speak. His flight wasn't canceled, but I'm a little worried watching the Weather Channel because they keep showing all these flooded streets...

What a beautiful story. I'm so happy for you, sis, you really deserve it!

LMAO @ him telling you to stop bothering him!

He sounds like a winner.:yep: Make them plans, girl...I ain't mad atcha!:lachen:

O/T: How bad is it there? My dh is on a plane to Charlotte as we speak. His flight wasn't canceled, but I'm a little worried watching the Weather Channel because they keep showing all these flooded streets...

Here's the local news website http://news14.com/content/top_stories/Default.aspx?RegionCookie=104

When I was driving into work this morning, they had 25 street closings in Charlotte. And that was at 630am. Some sub-divisions are being evac'd as we speak. I know the FAA said there wouldn't be many flight cancellations or delays, but on the ground - its pretty bad in some areas

You are blessed to have a good BLACK man who is ever so supportive of you.

Now stop dropping hints and marry him already! :-)

I don't talk about my rlp much (outside of the dog issue) but I just have to acknowledge that I really do have a good good black man on my team and I feel so tremendously blessed. The Charlotte area has gotten pretty much heavy bordering on torrential rains for the past 24hrs. My county got about 4inches over nite alone. I usually have my son to school by 615, at 6am I get that automated msg saying there would be a delayed opening. My job has a pretty strict attendance policy so me being late would be considered half a strike against me. I was so nervous this morning, damn near in tears - my SO said he'd call in late to work so he could take Jay to school.

So he takes Jay to school and he's greeted at the door with the notice that they just decided to cancel it all together! :nono: Now me leaving work to stay home w/him would be considered a FULL strike (3 strikes in 6 months and you're giving a final written notice). So he calls me to tell me that he's taking Jay to work with him. His job is more family friendly and they're ok with it. But I'm still paranoid about it all. I've called him 4 times already telling him I'll come pick up Jay and just take the strike. He hung up on me the last time and told me to quit bothering him :lachen:

I've never had problems dating as a single mom, but it's not every day that you meet a man who truly loves, takes care of, and makes sacrifices for your child(ren) as if they were his own. If you are fortunate enough to have that in your life - please cherish it!

Awwww, I almost became teary-eyed reading this. That is so beautiful!!!

That is such a heartwarming story. I told you I could see that 'glow' on you! It's great to see thread uplifting our Black Men instead of tearing them down. :love2:
*All I know is, I better get a wedding invite when the big day comes.*

What a sweet, feel good story--and a nice man!!! You caught him, now keep him!! :yep:

best wishes!!

I absolutely love black love!!! This is such a sweet story and thank you so much for sharing. I got teary eyed, because I have a man that makes sacrifices for my two sons...I married him 3 months ago.:grin: You best believe I'm not letting that good black man go!

You are blessed to have a good black man and he is equally blessed to have you!

My Mom and stepfather lives in Charlotte. My mom told me this morning that she had to go into work late due to the flooding. I need to call and check up on her to see if she made it to work okay.

Ok I'm teary eyed over here!

Back