I feel like I'm Flushing my Vitamins down the Toliet!

jtsupanova

I assume you all know that the body absorbs an alloted amount of vitamins (whatever is needed) and the rest is excreted from your system. My problem is that I dont think my vitamins a being properly absorbed or absorbed to its maximum potienal.

In short how do you take your vits so that everything dosn't get flushed down the toliet (you know what Im talking about... the mellow yellow)

I have tried taking taking them at night, in the morning,through out the day, drinking more water you name it.

btw I am taking
MSM 1000mg (pill form)
A multi vitamin
biotin 1500mcg
flax seed oil
Super B complex

Am I just taking too much?
TIA

Last edited:
Your body asbords what it needs and flushes the rest. Also, some vitamins help other vitamins absorb better. Sorry I'm not good at that, my mother normally helps me out. Hopefully someone will chime in soon.

I would like to know this as well. I had no idea that seeing the mellow yellow meant the pills were wasting through. I thought that meant they were working.:lol: :lol: . I have noticed that with my new vit reggie, My urine is not mellow yellow. So I guess it is working.

I now take Centrum as my multi where as b4 I was taking a store brand, which caused the mellow yellow I believe

Nothing else has changed. I still take my reg other vits.

Iron, biotin, MSM, Flax seed, Fish oil, Primrose and GnC Ultra Nourish and newly added Kelp.

kally said:
I would like to know this as well. I had no idea that seeing the mellow yellow meant the pills were wasting through. I thought that meant they were working.:lol: :lol: . I have noticed that with my new vit reggie, My urine is not mellow yellow. So I guess it is working.

I now take Centrum as my multi where as b4 I was taking a store brand, which caused the mellow yellow I believe

Nothing else has changed. I still take my reg other vits.

Iron, biotin, MSM, Flax seed, Fish oil, Primrose and GnC Ultra Nourish and newly added Kelp.

Urine beeing yellow doesn't mean that your vits. aren't work. It's supposed to be yellow. If it wasn't that would probably mean that your kidneys aren't working.

jtsupanova said:
I assume you all know that the body absorbs an alloted amount of vitamins (whatever is needed) and the rest is excreted from your system. My problem is that I dont think my vitamins a being properly absorbed or absorbed to its maximum potienal.

In short how do you take your vits so that everything dosn't get flushed down the toliet (you know what Im talking about... the mellow yellow)

I have tried taking taking them at night, in the morning,through out the day, drinking more water you name it.

btw I am taking
MSM 1000mg (pil form)
A multi vitamin
biotin 1500mcg
flax seed oil
Super B complex

Am I just taking too much?
TIA

Bright yellow urine is just a sign that your body has absorbed as much of the B complex as it possibly can and is getting rid of the rest. Between your multi-vitamin and the super B complex you are taking quite a bit of B-vitamins and since you can only use so much, the rest is being excreted.

The only advice I have is for you to make sure you are moving your bowels everyday. If they are impacted with old waste they will not be able to absorb all the vitamins and minerals you are taking. HTH.

SohoHair said:
Bright yellow urine is just a sign that your body has absorbed as much of the B complex as it possibly can and is getting rid of the rest. Between your multi-vitamin and the super B complex you are taking quite a bit of B-vitamins and since you can only use so much, the rest is being excreted.

The only advice I have is for you to make sure you are moving your bowels everyday. If they are impacted with old waste they will not be able to absorb all the vitamins and minerals you are taking. HTH.

Thanks for the advice

Good point about the b vitamins. I did notice that my urine was more of a neon yellow color when I started taking it.
Should I stop taking it then or start taking it at a different time then my multi?

jtsupanova said:
Thanks for the advice

Good point about the b vitamins. I did notice that my urine was more of a neon yellow color when I started taking it.
Should I stop taking it then or start taking it at a different time then my multi?

Maybe try taking your b vitamin in the morning and ur multi in the afternoon or at night. Its natural for your body to excrete some of it since u are getting a double dose of some of the the b vitamin. Its supposed to help with absorption to take vitamins with food as well.

vitamin c is suppose to help you absorb better as well. Hairorgasm would be able to help us out.

oh ok. My urine is always yellow, it is just with certain vits, it is bright yellow. Now I know thanks.

oh yeah, good ol b vitamins. My pee has been neon yellow like forever :grin:

The body can only handle so much at any given time so I divide my vitamin dose. In my case my daily dose is 9 tabs (hush y'all its a life extention vitamin:lol: ) So I divide it up because there's just no way on this earth I can take that many tablets at a time. (and some days I only take 6 tabs but thats another story...lol)

-A

Glad I'm not the only one. Since I started taking b-comlex/b-12 (or 6):lol: my pee has been neon yellow. Glad to know that it's working.

Arcadian said:
oh yeah, good ol b vitamins. My pee has been neon yellow like forever :grin:

The body can only handle so much at any given time so I divide my vitamin dose. In my case my daily dose is 9 tabs (hush y'all its a life extention vitamin:lol: ) So I divide it up because there's just no way on this earth I can take that many tablets at a time. (and some days I only take 6 tabs but thats another story...lol)

-A

really?? i didn't know that...i guess i learn something new everyday. so what exactly does it do???

naturallylovely said:

really?? i didn't know that...i guess i learn something new everyday. so what exactly does it do???

Life extension is just a company and brand of vitamins is called Life Extension Mix. The vitamins are huge though! (think horse pills!) Daily dose is 9 tablets for the ones I take. But you do get 315 tabs in a bottle.

Their products are a bit expensive and quite a lot more than what the general population would want to pay but I can't fault the quality of any of their products ever.

-A

So if you're taking the B vitamins and the urine is a neon yellow that means it's not working? The instructions say to take it only once a day so I'm not sure if I want to take it twice if it's just flushing out my system?

Incredible1ne said:
So if you're taking the B vitamins and the urine is a neon yellow that means it's not working? The instructions say to take it only once a day so I'm not sure if I want to take it twice if it's just flushing out my system?

no no no, you're fine! the body can only use so much b vitamins and the rest has to go somewhere (the urine being the most obvious choice).

So what you're experiencing is a totally normal body function where b vits are concerned. Please don't worry that you're wasting vitamins because you're body is definitly using what it needs!

If you do take a lot of b vitamins at once then sure, try a divided dose, but otherwise its unnecessary.

I take my vitamins divided up because they're just huge pills!:lol:

-A

Incredible1ne said:

Bright yellow urine is just a sign that your body is flushing out the excess. Doesn't necessarily mean that the vitamin "isn't working", it's just that your body can't absorb it all at once. Make sure you drink a lot of water. Your urine should normally be pale yellow to clear. You shouldn't need to take another dose; that might do more harm than good.

Also remember that a lot of vitamins are water soluble so they will pass through when they've done what they need to do.

I've figured out that my vitamins could have possibly been canceling each other out. I take 2000mg MSM every morning along with hair, skin, nails vitamins from cvs. The whole time I was taking them together, I noticed that my nails were still weak. As soon as I ran out of the Hair, skin, nails vitamins and just stuck to MSM, my nails turned that perfect shade of white on the tips. I think i'm just gonna stick to MSM from now on.

Hi Ladies,
Have any of you tried liquid vitamins? I found that to be my answer to absorbtion problems. Liquid vitamins are absorbed directly into the blood stream since they don't need to be broken down in the digestive system (i.e., stomach, intestines). Many vitamins are made with "binding agents" it's these binders that make thevitamin difficult to digest in the body and are eventually removed from the body via the intestines. This of course means the vitamin was never fully absorbed and the money was wasted because it was flushed away. Ususally, the "cheaper" the vitamin and the less organic, the more binding agents and artificial ingredients.

I've been using Eniva liquid vitiamins "Vibe" and have been very happy.
http://www.eniva.com/
:grin:

What I have noticed is that my urine is not that glowwing color when I take Noxin and my Puritan pride Biotin. I'm stating to wonder is it's something in or coated on certain vitamins to give that color?

Ladies,

I do have a question for you. How potent are these vitamins that you're consuming? Have you done the water/float test to see if they are dissolving in a timely manner?

Just a thought...

BeautifulWideEyes said:
What I have noticed is that my urine is not that glowwing color when I take Noxin and my Puritan pride Biotin. I'm stating to wonder is it's something in or coated on certain vitamins to give that color?

It's excess riboflavin or vitamin B2 that really gives the urine that bright yellow color. I'm not sure how many mgs of B2 are in Nioxin, but it's less than what you were previously taking, there's your answer.

To the OP, you might want to look into trying a liver cleanse. That can help with vitamin absorption.

jtsupanova said:
Thanks for the advice

I would say take the multi-vitamin in the morning, that's when you need the energy anyway...right???? You can take the b vitamins at night with the rest of your vitamins. That's how I take my vitamins:)

TonicaG said:
Ladies,

I do have a question for you. How potent are these vitamins that you're consuming? Have you done the water/float test to see if they are dissolving in a timely manner?

Just a thought...

what is the water/float test?

Oh okay, well I've decided not to take that one anymore, I was trying to finish up the bottle but I'll give it someone that needs a multi. The same day I started taking it, my urine stared glowing, :lol: , it didn't even take a day.
lotusspecter said:
It's excess riboflavin or vitamin B2 that really gives the urine that bright yellow color. I'm not sure how many mgs of B2 are in Nioxin, but it's less than what you were previously taking, there's your answer.

To the OP, you might want to look into trying a liver cleanse. That can help with vitamin absorption.

tsmith said:
I would say take the multi-vitamin in the morning, that's when you need the energy anyway...right???? You can take the b vitamins at night with the rest of your vitamins. That's how I take my vitamins:)

I "sleep" on my B-VITS too

Back