I don't like attending weddings by myself....

vevster

I just got an invitation that had a big '0' on it for how many guests I will bring.

I def understand budgets; and that folks must limit the amt of guests when planning a wedding, but I have decided not to attend the reception.

I'll go to the church only-- that's the most important part, right?

Why not go to the reception? I can never turn down wedding cake lol. You just never know who you may meet if that is your desire. I say go get out and enjoy yourself.

I like to go to events by myself, other folks slow me down. I am a very social person, so I have no problems going anywhere by myself. I have vacationed by myself and I always end up meeting new and exciting people from all over.

i personally feel awkward by myself if i don't know anyone at my table. receptions are LOOONG and if you don't know folks then you can spend the better part of 5 hours twiddling your thumb. Of course this also has to do with how the reception is structured (i've been to weddings in which the bride and groom are taking pics for much of the reception)

i personally feel awkward by myself if i don't know anyone at my table. receptions are LOOONG and if you don't know folks then you can spend the better part of 5 hours twiddling your thumb. Of course this also has to do with how the reception is structured (i've been to weddings in which the bride and groom are taking pics for much of the reception)
I dunno - I love receptions. Its time to dance and have a ball and you can slide out when you deem necessary. I say go to the reception and feel it out. If you're not feeling it, you can ALWAYS leave. But give it a whirl - you never know whom you might meet...

I hate this sometimes too. Particularly if I don't know anyone else there and the people at my table or the reception in general aren't particularly friendly or are already in cliques. Makes me not even want to stay for the cake. I think it's kinda off putting for people to invite me to a wedding in which they know I won't know anyone and then not allow me to bring a date.

Oh and I hate when people assume that just because they think I don't have a bf at the moment, that I won't need to bring anyone. Um, I can round up a date for a wedding, thankyouverymuch! :ohwell:

I feel you Vev. The couple should allow you the option to bring at least one guest. I would feel uncomfortable especially if everyone is coupled up.

I like to go to events by myself, other folks slow me down. I am a very social person, so I have no problems going anywhere by myself. I have vacationed by myself and I always end up meeting new and exciting people from all over.

I do alot on my own too e.g travel etc.

But this I don't like..

Back