I don't get it !!!

Joanna721

Greetings to everyone!!!

Iam not sure of my hair type right now (I have a twist set) but I know its thick. my hair used to be very thick and healthy looking whenever I got a perm until about the last couple of years. Now my hair has this extra fluffy thing goin on and if the wind hits it....its all over. Also my hair used to be all one type but recently the tops is starting to seem thinner than the rest sometimes it sheds or breaks and some of it is very dark and thick and others are extremely thin copared to the rest. I haven't colored since last year (which is a feat in itself I was lifting once a year and used a color rince twice a year.... I love red...lol) anywho I stopped perming so often and stretching my perms as far as possible....I dont get why my hair is doing this...I have just started using shea butter on my hair and Bronner Brothers HOney and Mayonaise I shampoo with Olive Oil Shampoo and Condition with Queen Helene's and Pantene Pro V relaxed and natural...I take a HSN Vit and drink tons of water....if anyone has ANY ideas, or tips for me I would greatly appreciate it.

How much direct heat do you use on your hair on a regular basis? Blow dryer, flat iron, curling iron(s), etc. I'm in the same predicament that you are in right now. I've had thick hair my whole life until about a year ago. I'm thinking that using too much direct heat has really hurt my hair in the long run. It was doing fine with it for years and then I guess it just got sick of it.

Maybe your hair is just going through a strike faze. Your hair was probably use to certain things and now you aren't doing those things anymore so you hair is having to adjust to the changes. This would cause for the changes. You might want to try some products that will help you get the growth in the thin area. I have been using BT hair balm and it has really helped my hair that was starting to thin out. There are also a lot of people starting to use MN for hair growth and I am also one of them. Also maybe you can start using some oils: Castor Oil helps for thickness I got a bottle from the BSS it was by Hollywood Company they also have other oils. Also how often do you wash and DC? Do you use a leave in conditioner? I use Lacio Lacio and it is great I get it from www. roundhairbrush.com and they have this 10 in 1 conditioner and silicon shampoo that I use and it is helping my hair. I have also started using Sunsilk TLC Hydra and it has helped with the puffness and like the fly alway look that my hair has when the wind blows it and it has made my hair extra soft maybe you can get some of that to use when you are doing the rollersets.

BTW: I am not an expert but these are some of the things that I do and I can tell a difference in my hair and it acting a little better :grin:

honestly I barely used heat all summer...Im good for wash and go in the am...lol...theonly time i really had heat on my hair was the 3 times I got it done (1 perm and 2 times for a roller set) I have been doin braid outs, twist outs and air dried flexi rod sets....

I had kinky twists for february and after that I had a perm I didnt perm anymore until July
I wash once a week and I use choloesterol and the pantene to condition
I leave it in for 15 min and then get back in the shower to wash it out

I really dont have a leave in I bought some aussie stuff but I didnt like it

I was thinkin about gettin my hair done tomorrow (just a wash and blow dry but I want a trim too) or should I just do it myself?

thanks ladies

i JUST wrote a post on that! Check out the blog down below to figure the whole situation out. Ask questions and I'll respond promptly.

Back