I discovered an easier way to straighten my 4a/b coarse new growth/texlaxed hair

lipyt

^
that was a mouthful:lachen:...but it's true
I haven't texlaxed since october (5 months)
So I washed my hair today. Towel dried it. Put olive oil moisturizer and t-tree oil glosser and chi silk. Then I made 16 corn rows that stopped once I got to the permed ends. I put rollers on the permed ends sat under the dryer for 2 1/2 hours. Took the rollers out and flat ironed cornrow by cornrow. I combed small sections with a fine touth comb which was easy since my hair was already stretched from the cornrows. I used a trick I got from a woman on youtube where she tapped the new growth with the flat iron a few times, which softened the hair up a bit, then ran the flat iron only over the new growth. This was the straightest my hair has ever been from flat ironing and the easist way to do it.
I was going to give myself until may to try to figure out how I can keep straightening my hair without blowdrying it. If I didn't think of a way I was going give up trying to transition and perm it. When I was first natural, I got my hair pressed by a hair dresser. Because my hair is so coarse she kept going over and over sections of my hair and unfortunately, my hair never went back curly and I had to cut it, so I have been tramatized since then. The cornrows really stretch the roots well enough that I don't have to keep the flat iron on it for a long time. I knew I couldn't do the ponytail roller set because the middle of my hair wouldn't get stretched. And blowdrying seems really bad because of all the pulling with the comb and heat.
This way seems like a keeper but I have to wait until friday when I wash my hair to see if I have much heat damage.

Ok so I made it to friday. I have to say during the week my roots got more and more kinky. But it is still somewhat str8. I'm just glad that I will still have a curl pattern and it was damaged. I haven't wash it yet but I think the curls are safe.
At night I did not wrap it. I just pulled it up in a high ponytail pin curls the ponytail. Brushed the endges put a silk scarf around the edges and slept on my satin pillow case.
Thank bgsix it is a good feeling. This is much easier for me working with 2 textures

^
that was a mouthful:lachen:...but it's true
I haven't texlaxed since october (5 months)
So I washed my hair today. Towel dried it. Put olive oil moisturizer and t-tree oil glosser and chi silk. Then I made 16 corn rows that stopped once I got to the permed ends. I put rollers on the permed ends sat under the dryer for 2 1/2 hours. Took the rollers out and flat ironed cornrow by cornrow. I combed small sections with a fine touth comb which was easy since my hair was already stretched from the cornrows. I used a trick I got from a woman on youtube where she tapped the new growth with the flat iron a few times, which softened the hair up a bit, then ran the flat iron only over the new growth. This was the straightest my hair has ever been from flat ironing and the easist way to do it.
I was going to give myself until may to try to figure out how I can keep straightening my hair without blowdrying it. If I didn't think of a way I was going give up trying to transition and perm it. When I was first natural, I got my hair pressed by a hair dresser. Because my hair is so coarse she kept going over and over sections of my hair and unfortunately, my hair never went back curly and I had to cut it, so I have been tramatized since then. The cornrows really stretch the roots well enough that I don't have to keep the flat iron on it for a long time. I knew I couldn't do the ponytail roller set because the middle of my hair wouldn't get stretched. And blowdrying seems really bad because of all the pulling with the comb and heat.
This way seems like a keeper but I have to wait until friday when I wash my hair to see if I have much heat damage.

Hey,
Do you have the link to that video on youtube? Im also having issues with my ng and I'm trying to stretch my texlax till may.

Back