I didnt realize my daughter was breaking her hair

Irresistible

she wears it in a bun everyday and does it herself , even washes/ conditioner washes it herself , has her k cutter and everything...but today i decided (for whatever reason) that i was gonna do it for her, it was like i couldnt just sit there and watch...so next thing you know i was doing it..but man when i went to comb it out , she had major breakage..we had to cut 3 to 4 inches...she was not happy
cry3.gif
...so to motivate her to take it easy during the comb out from now on....i took pics of the cut today (they are on fotki), so she could see progress, as it grows back when we take new pics later.....on that note between her hair and mine im so done with hair now i could scream lol....she was doing so well with it, im really shocked she started tearing at it like that
whyme.gif
...so now she's in the taking progress pics club too lol
look.gif

Her hair is still thick and healthy, and LONG. Regardless of how long it is she has a BEAUTIFUL texture of hair, I love it! Her hair will grow back, just keep it healthy!

You both have beautiful hair. I wish my neice's mother were more concerned about her hair. My neice like you and your daughter, but her mother has much finer texture.

My neice is only 10yrs old and she is blowing her own hair. I have purchased various products for her to use on her hair, as I tried to explain to her mother that curly hair, which frizzes tends to require exra moisture. Her mother pulls her hair soooo tight that she's thining around her hairline and it breaks my heart.

Take relief in knowing that your baby's hair, with proper conditioning and gentle handling, will grow back in strong and healthy.

It's a good thing you caught it when you did. Her hair is beautiful, just like her mom.
smile.gif
It'll be back to it's orginal length in no time and healthier too.

Her hair is loooong. that three or four inches will be back by the end of the summer if sooner. Beautiful hair!!!

Dang can I get to ear length?
wallbash.gif
rofl.gif

[ QUOTE ]
JenniferMD said:
It's a good thing you caught it when you did. Her hair is beautiful, just like her mom.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

ITA

Re: I didnt realize my daughter was breaking her h

Thank you all of you
rosebud.gif
....you guys are all so sweet and you all have successfully brought her out of her funk, i was gettin frustrated with it, then i had to remember how i would feel with losing several inches and umm that shut me up lol ....i guess she needed to hear (read) it from ya'll though cause nothin i was saying was working...didnt mean as much comin from me i guess *ugh* ....but i just let her read all of this and now she is standin here cheezin...i knew ya'll would come through....she says "Thank you all so much for the complliments" and i say hugs to all of you!! .....whew, funk over
clap.gif

[ QUOTE ]
webby said:

My neice is only 10yrs old and she is blowing her own hair. I have purchased various products for her to use on her hair, as I tried to explain to her mother that curly hair, which frizzes tends to require exra moisture. Her mother pulls her hair soooo tight that she's thining around her hairline and it breaks my heart.

[/ QUOTE ]

aww this breaks my heart too...all you can do is what your doing though

[ QUOTE ]
JenniferMD said:
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

thats all i could think and tell her too, thats its a blessing i saw how bad it was...and it was bad bad bad...just ripped all up. im very glad i caught it now and not later...i have to watch how she is combing it now or start to do her hair every day again myself *grunt* but if i have to i will. the whole kitchen area is all broken off totally.

[ QUOTE ]
blue_flower said:
Both of you have long, thick, gorgeous hair!

[/ QUOTE ]

I second that! Whatever you ladies are doing, keep doing it.

Your hair seems to love the avocado butter! Now, I am fighting the temptation to get me some for my edges. I was not supposed to buy any new hair product until the end of April. Darn!
frown.gif

Oh her hair is ooohhh soooo beautiful. And she is so blessed to have a mom like you who knows how to care for her beautiful tresses.
smile.gif

You and your daughter have gorgeous hair!!! Her hair will be back to where it was in no time, if she follows her Mom's regimen!!
wink.gif

Thanks you guys....
im letting her read all of your responses, what i didnt realize is that she wasnt feeling good about her hair at all because she wears it in a bun everyday and nobody says much about it. no compliments, so she was needing this, and i didnt realize it, cause i know her hair is beautiful thick and long under that bun, and ive always told her, and i just figured she knew it and felt good about it...i dont braid her hair often or press it either. so i guess my compliments just werent cutting it for how she feels about her hair, i guess she needed it from others....this has turned out to be a big blessing in disguise...the cut and taking the pics...cause now she feels better about her hair all the way around , now that someone else has said it besides mom and others have complimented it....the kids at school always pressure her to relax her hair , so i guess thats a part of it too. i think im gonna do like a periodic press for her, so she doesnt get in a rutt with how she feels about her hair, i didnt even know she was feeling all that.

Seriously--your daughter is so lucky to have a mama like you.
kiss.gif
I am so serious. Her hair IS beautiful--I can see her 4 yrs from now--swinging waist-length hair as she struts through the mall. And the "Men ALL Pause..."
wink.gif

A.

[ QUOTE ]
miss_a said:
kiss.gif
I am so serious. Her hair IS beautiful--I can see her 4 yrs from now--swinging waist-length hair as she struts through the mall. And the "Men ALL Pause..."
wink.gif

A.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think Iris wants the men to pause
rofl.gif

I'm still letting her read all the comments. you guys have totally taken her out of her hair rutt and i thank you all for that.

[ QUOTE ]
miss_a said:
kiss.gif
wink.gif

A.

[/ QUOTE ] hmmm lets see 4 years...she will be 18..nope i wont be ready for men pausing and things...*mental note* be sure to keep her wearing the bun
rofl.gif

[ QUOTE ]
ayeshia said:
[ QUOTE ]
miss_a said:
kiss.gif
wink.gif

A.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think Iris wants the men to pause
rofl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl.gif
lol im'a do like my mom did me and look dead at them and say " what the f***K you lookin at? i would die of embarssment....now its myyyyy turn hehehe

Back