I Did The BIG CHOP

HotCoCoGurl130

....myself. I love it. I was going to go to the barber but one said they dont cut long hair and the other was a mess but that a longer story.
grin.gif
drunk.gif

Congrats on your big chop...I did my own in Nov and it's growing out so fast!!!!!! Enjoy your twa while you can.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
HotCoCoGurl130 said:
....myself. I love it. I was going to go to the barber but one said they dont cut long hair and the other was a mess but that a longer story.
grin.gif
drunk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey...
up.gif
congrats on the new 'do! I'm not surprised a barber told you that; he/she probably didn't want to risk your getting mad at them. My barber was upfront about not being responsible for how I felt about the chop. Fortunately, I saw his work on a female co-worker first, so I knew he wouldn't jack me up!
laugh.gif
I came in with a two-texture bob, not quite shoulder lenghth, but he cut it all off, then used his clippers.

thanks everyone for the support. it is really appreciated.

Laela- that exactly what he said that he did not want me to be mad at him but when i walked in he was working on a guy who had about 3-4 inches of hair. that was the funny part. he just didnt want to cut my hair b/c im a woman but thats ok i just kepy my money in my pocket and did it myself.

laugh.gif
men!
whyme.gif

Well, sorry you didn't get to experience a big chop at the barber. Are you going to one to maintain or are you planning to grow? I can't do the stuff my barber does (fading, sharp angles), so I gotta go to him. But I love when he touches my hair... it's um, stimulating at times.. and I even tease him about it. HA!

thank you Anky and yes i do love it.

Laela- i am going to grow it out and i also LOVE when other people touch my hair b/c it does not feel that same when i touch it myslef, lol, that sounds funny.

congrats to you, too, TransitioningK! I must've missed your thread... I guess you'll have to change your screen name now?

transitioningk- my last relaxer was at the end of October but i have been mentally transitioning since december

kei- i have not told the bf yet. he will just see it when he sees me. i know if i had told him in advance then he would be thinking about it all day.

Yeah! I am so happy for you. I need to see pictures! I am not ready to cut off all my hair but I will get there soon. Congratulations!

Congrats girl....I bet it looks so cute...I'm so scared to do the big chop bcuz I know my head it too big for a twa...needless to say I'll be transitioning for a while

congrats ! ! !
dance7.gif

sounds like you're falling in love with your napptural hair already ! ! !
smile.gif

stay the course, i'm absolutely SURE you look marvelous, darling ! ! !
clap.gif

Absolutely wonderful. You're going to love being natural. I can't wait to see your pictures. Welcome to the natural club and happy growing.

Thank you SHG. I have a little confession to make. This morning I was not so sure that I made the right decision b/c I have always been the girl with the "long nice hair". Well, I went to the bss to get some products for my natual do and then I got my eyebrows done. I think that my eyebrows have made the whole difference. I dont know if this seems silly to some but I feel better and now I have the whole afternoon to try out my new stuff. YAYYYYYYYYYY, I love new hiar products.

p.s. I also bought some lip glosses and some headbands.

hotcoco, I think that's normal.. I had my doubts after the chop as well, but the more I wear it, the more I love myself for doing it!

oh, you'll be shopping more for accessories and paying more attention to your lovely face. That's the payout!
grin.gif
Wear it well...

HotCoCoGurl - i got my last relaxer the day before yours and my big chop the day before yours. I cut my hair myself because the woman had some issues with cutting my hair.

I bought girly things just to make me look female cuz i thought i looked too boyish, i stocked up on coloured lipgloss and i wear hangin earrings and i plan to use some eye shadow and stuff. I have to get used to this short do - it doesn't suit me.. but i like it i guess

Back