I did my own corrective last night and it came out great

***Toy-Pisces*** said:
Gymfreak,
What relaxer did you use when it came out underprocessed?

I had used silk elements. the underprocessing was my fault though. I didn't use enough relaxer. I got my sisters using silk elements and the results were fab. I had used it before last fall and it worked well for me. I still think that it is one of the best relaxers on the market in terms of price and quality

This thread will come in handy soon...I just relaxed w/Mizani mild, and I think it could be just a bit straighter (I don't want bone straight, but I don't want texlaxed either)...I freaked out about it maybe being in too long, but b/c I super-based w/pre cream, it didn't process long enough :(.

artemis_e. said:
This thread will come in handy soon...I just relaxed w/Mizani mild, and I think it could be just a bit straighter (I don't want bone straight, but I don't want texlaxed either)...I freaked out about it maybe being in too long, but b/c I super-based w/pre cream, it didn't process long enough :(.

I got a little happy with my basing the time I underprocessed. I am going to use mild relaxers from now on to buy me a little extra time.

I thought I could wait, but I couldn't...I did the corrective tonight :eek: Yes, the same day as my original touch-up!! I do not recommend it, but I am prepared to deal w/the consequences. I super-based again, and both times I heavily applied Chi Silk Infusion for extra peace-of-mind, and in a week I plan on doing an Aphogee treatment. I also used PC and my Joico Moisture Recovery in the process. (The conditioner has a pH of 3.5!!) As for right now, I had no burning, no hair on the floor, and the straightness I was after :cool::).

I'm a naughty, naughty girl, I'll confess :look:

artemis_e. said:
I thought I could wait, but I couldn't...I did the corrective tonight :eek: Yes, the same day as my original touch-up!!
My momma did this all the time when she was relaxed. If it was underprocess she would apply another relaxer back to back and rake it all the way thru!
:eek:

I cant believe she even has hair
:look:

LOL! Yeah that is a miracle!!

I didn't do all that, I just went back over my roots for another 10 min...and it's still pretty wavy/curly!!

Which is making me wonder if I spent $18 on a lame tub of Mizani :confused: The posts I read on here, everyone was talking a/b how you gotta hurry thru a t/u w/Mizani if you don't want it bone-straight, but I had it on my roots for a total of ...23-25 min! But then again there are so many factors that play into it, so it might not be the Mizani's fault.

But I do like it better than my Motions Oil Mild...so far. My hair is way thicker than w/Motions. I'll try it again next t/u before I make a real definitive decision.

LiLi said:
Gymfreak, I'm glad it went well for you! I did a corrective on a section of my hair a while ago (like 2 years ago) and that section is retaining length extremely well. I'm certain that had I not did the corrective, it would have broken off because it was sooooo dry and frizzy no matter what I used.

I just used the ORS Lye on a section of my hair a few months ago and I'm still loving how my hair feels. I plan to relax the entire crown area with it in a couple of weeks.

Ladies, all the corrective does is silken your hair. It really can't do any harm unless you leave it on too long or use a no-lye to correct. :)

Can you use a lye over a No lye corrective..Texlaxed with no lye 2 months ago, next touch up in 4 months .. want to relax the new growth and leave lye for the last 5 mins on the already no lye tex bits... Will do a sample one first.

how can u tell certain sections of your hair is underprocessed? my beautician said i need a corrective relaxer, but i want to do it myself. is underprocessed hair very noticeable on dry hair? i cant tell the difference

tsturnbu said:
how can u tell certain sections of your hair is underprocessed? my beautician said i need a corrective relaxer, but i want to do it myself. is underprocessed hair very noticeable on dry hair? i cant tell the difference

For me, on wet hair it looks like this:

~~~~---------~~~~~~-----------

(A bit over-exaggerated, but I hope you get the idea :look: )

On dry hair, I can tell by the feel, the hair feels a little rougher (and doesn't look as straight) than the correctly processed hair. Does that make sense?

Underprocessing is annoying, but it happens.

HTH

artemis_e. said:
For me, on wet hair it looks like this:

~~~~---------~~~~~~-----------

(A bit over-exaggerated, but I hope you get the idea :look: )

On dry hair, I can tell by the feel, the hair feels a little rougher (and doesn't look as straight) than the correctly processed hair. Does that make sense?

Underprocessing is annoying, but it happens.

HTH

Yeah that's about right. That's exactly how mines look.

Back