I Did My First Set of Twists

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
Here are my first set of twists. I was intending to do microtwists, but when I got to the back of my head, they slowly got bigger, lol. Next time, I need to try and measure more closely to make the parts smaller.

For this set, I started on dry hair, slightly dampened w/ water in a spray bottle. To twist, I just used Avocado Butter (:love:)and FOTE Aloe Vera Gel.

It took me about 3.5 hours to complete.

I will try to keep these up for a week or two with a wash and rinsing in between. If they work out, I'll keep doing twists for a while since my hair definitely needs some type of protective styling.

Also, when doing these twists, I noticed how much more fine/thin my hair is at the top and sides than in the back (and crown area). My left side is really fine.

Here are some pics of my twists :):

November2007015-vi.jpg

November2007011-vi.jpg

November2007014-vi.jpg

I had to put a scarf on the front to hold them back since they were framing my face
November2007016-vi.jpg

I love it :grin::grin::grin::grin:

How do you plan to do a wash/rinse? (without the twists coming loose?)

I might try this soon

To wash, I was going to use a small spray bottle with a bit of diluted shampoo and water. I'd dampen my twists in the shower and spritz my scalp and hair with the diluted shampoo. After spritzing, I'd massage my scalp with my fingertips and then rinse my hair under the shower. I'd then rub a little conditioner in my palms and run it through my twists and rinse. When I get out, I'd just spritz with Oyin's Juices & Berries and smooth a little oil (or butter) on the twists. I hope that this wash idea works.

To rinse, I would just rinse my hair while in the shower, and repeat the method of spritizing with Oyin and sealing with oil/butter.

To wash, I was going to use a small spray bottle with a bit of diluted shampoo and water. I'd dampen my twists in the shower and spritz my scalp and hair with the diluted shampoo. After spritzing, I'd massage my scalp with my fingertips and then rinse my hair under the shower. I'd then rub a little conditioner in my palms and run it through my twists and rinse. When I get out, I'd just spritz with Oyin's Juices & Berries and smooth a little oil (or butter) on the twists. I hope that this wash idea works.

To rinse, I would just rinse my hair while in the shower, and repeat the method of spritizing with Oyin and sealing with oil/butter.

Okay, I think I can visualize that. Let me know how it turns out, if you remember. Those twists look very neat and easy to do :)

Ms TSU...you sure that was your first time doing twists??????:grin:
Seriously though, they look great! (and sooooo soft and neat)

What do you use to keep your hair moisturized on a daily basis? Spill it!

BB

Ms TSU...you sure that was your first time doing twists??????:grin:
Seriously though, they look great! (and sooooo soft and neat)

What do you use to keep your hair moisturized on a daily basis? Spill it!

BB

Yep, I'm sure this was my first time doing twists, lol.

To keep my hair moisturized, I co-wash in the a.m., apply a leave-in, and seal with castor oil. That takes care of the moisture throughout the day. In the evenings, I'd just moisturize with Carol's Daughter Hair Milk or some type of butter.

I'm trying my best to retain moisture in my hair (especially since I have color); that's why I'm hoping that these twists work out so that I can continue to do them during the winter. It sucks trying to figure out what to do with my hair at night because it gets matted if I just put on a bonnet/scarf, but I hate parting it to put it in large plaits because of the knots that I have to rip through.

Back