I did my BC!!!

cdixon

Ok guys, I finally did the BC after 14 months of transitioning hair. I think I have a lot of growth, but I'm really not used to it. My hair feels soooo dry, please let me know what I can do to improve the feeling of my dry hair. Thanks. Excuse my face I've been up since like 7 this morning, I was excited.

Attachments

• Photo 7.jpg
    Photo 7.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 115
  • Photo 8.jpg
    Photo 8.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 96
  • Photo 9.jpg
    Photo 9.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 72
  • Photo 10.jpg
    Photo 10.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 90
super cute! congrats! :-)

I'm not natural, so I don't want to offer any product advice...I'm sure someone natural will be able to send you info soon

Cute!!!! Congratulations on your BC! Give you hair a nice deep conditioning treatment (at least 30 minutes with heat, or more), I love to follow with an acv rinse :lick:, then some moisturizer and sealant (QB AOHC and an Afroveda oil, among many others :grin:). It's just so much fun to play around with!!

Thanks everybody, I feel so nervous and unsure, but I'm sure this is a normal feeling for cutting my hair. I still can't believe I did it.

Congratulations on your bc, looks great!
Try weekly deep conditioning with heat, sealing your hair with an oil ( I use castor oil).

LOL, at another one bites the dust, my friend actually had a birthday card with that song in it for me. Yeah, I'm definitely going to do a DC tomorrow with heat. What kind of DC should I be using? I have Elasta QP and maybe some coconut oil? Or castor oil? I'm not sure.

Congrats to you!! Your hair is very cute. The style suites your face really well.

I would recommend you trying baggying to help with dryness. Wet your hair, put on a nice deep conditioner, put on a plastic cap, and let it sit for a few hours (or sit under the dryer).

Then rinse out the conditioner (you don't have to rinse 100% of it out) and add a nice leavei-in conditioner. Then rub a nice oil (like coconut) over your strands.

Doing the above always helps me. In fact, I'm doing it right now.

Last edited:
Thanks, if I baggy overnight what should I put in it? Now that I can do this I'm not sure what I should do.

Thanks, if I baggy overnight what should I put in it? Now that I can do this I'm not sure what I should do.
Honestly, when I baggy overnight I use whatever conditioner I want. Not necessarily only my deep conditioner (since it's going to be on my hair all night I figure any conditioner would have enough time to penetrate nice and deep).

I used my Dove Intense Moisture conditioner last night.

ETA:
For my deep conditioner I currently use ORS Hair Mayo (I'm looking for a better DC but this one is okay for now). And for my leave-in moisturizer I use Africa's Best Liquid Hair Mayo.

Last edited:
Congrats on your BC! Your hair looks good.:yep: I'm still transitioning myself, so aside from recommending frequent DCing and making sure your protein/moisture balance is in check, I would encourage you to browse the forum for answers.

Congratulations..it's a whole new world for you and your hair. Baggy and deep condition {more often}as suggested. Spritz often with water-shrinkage may happen but in a few week's time your curls will start to hang, apply a leave-in conditioner lightly every day until you reach your desired moisture level. Coconut conditioner poos will help along with twisting for a few weeks to avoid having your hair out too often in the beginning. My favorite leave-in for now is ALBA BOTANICA, sealed with most times Keo-Karpin or any oil I feel to use. Make sure to twist or braid then scarf your hair nightly to protect your newly exposed ends. I love being natural more every week as I explore new styles...today I have a frohawk:lachen:..whoda thunk?

Your hair looks good. Congrats to you. I like sealing my hair with coconut oil or shea butter. Castor is good too.

Thanks everyone for all of the comments, I went outside, but I wore a hat and covered my hair up. My hair is still not fully dry. I'm definitely going to be deep conditioning at least 2x a week, and what's a good conditioner that I can use for cowashing? I used HEHH, but I still have like blue gunk in my hair. I also have Elasta QP which I used but without heat. I'm trying to find out what styles I can do to my hair, but I'm still scared and unsure. I don't feel confident yet, but I know that once I learn what to do with my hair, I will feel more confident.

Back