I DID IT!!!!.....(Part II)

blackbarbie

O.K. Ladies, I kinda did it for real this time....(sort of)
To help my transition along, I said I would get regular trims every 45-60 days to maintain my hair at BSL. The last trim I got was about the 2nd week in January 08. My next trim would have been around the 1st or 2nd week in March. Since January, I had only worn my hair straight one other time; I was really enjoying wearing it out or either in my wash n' go bun.

When I flat ironed my hair last weekend, I was surprised to see that it didn't look at thick as I would like. Let me correct that - the relaxed ends were noticeably different than the NG; the NG was noticeable thick though. I was not happy with that. Then I realized that I had not kept up with my regular trimming schedule as I had promised myself, so the more I was looking at my hair, the more I wanted a nice, fresh trim. (I though my hair would do better once I used my flexi-rods b/c it always does better and holds the curl, but I was REALLY disappointed when my curls didn't hold the next day.......that's when I knew the relaxed ends needed to be trimmed)

My brother did the trim for me and he was really surpirsed that I wanted so much cut off. (there was a part of my hair that kept flipping up - from the layers I cut - that's where I told him to cut everything else to)

Well here are my results and I absolutely love it!!! It is actually BSL but feels so much shorter. He cut about 4 inches off..... (sorry about the big pics again:sad:)

img_36222-1.jpg

From this.........................

img_36942.jpg

TO THIS!!

Yes. I see what you cut. To me it seems the ends which had color left, etc.
You have such beautiful hair though. :yep:

Girl!! I was expecting to see a BIG trim:lachen:. It looks so much better though - thick, healthy, beautiful and very long:lick:!

Yes. I see what you cut. To me it seems the ends which had color left, etc.
You have such beautiful hair though. :yep:

Girl I thought I had done something by getting rid of a big chunk of relaxed hair. I didn't really even inspect the hair on my head when I was done at the shop; I was too busy looking at what was on the floor. To my surprise, when I got in the car, I held my hair up to the mirror and realized that over half of the total length is STILL is relaxed:perplexed (I can differentiate the NG b/c my last color job was 2 weeks after my last relaxer in January 07, so anything AFTER color is NG, and there is still a lot of color in my hair)

In the first pic, it really does look like just the last part of it is colored, but actually anything after the first 8 inches is colored. (it even looks like the color goes EXACTLY straight across my hair; I noticed that the camera gave the picture that look when I first took it a few days ago)

Girl!! I was expecting to see a BIG trim:lachen:. It looks so much better though - thick, healthy, beautiful and very long:lick:!

Thanks! Girl it feels so much better too! (most people at work couldn't even tell that it had been cut, but when they saw the back and how blunt it was, they could)

Can't do a BIG trim yet (or a BIG CHOP for that matter:lachen:) but maybe if I continue to do mini-trims, I won't have to do the BIG chop.....

Your hair looks great. The ends look razor sharp!

Thanks loulou!
I like razor sharp ends and don't know what I was thinking when I was hung up on getting layers:nono: If I can keep up with my transitioning trims, hopefully I can maintain the razor sharp ends.

Loving your siggy and continued good luck on your transition!

BB

Girl,

Nothing like some nice thick ends.

Me likey.

:yep:

Absolutely! Nothing like nice thick ends!!! I like too and just hope I can maintain them. I guess that will come with getting those regular trims right on schedule....every 45-60 days like I initially planned.....And NO MORE LAYERS!!!!

BB

wow!!

that's a lot!! Your hair still looks very luscious, thick and just GREAT!!!!:yep:

Love it!

btw,
I was nearly biting my nails before opening this thread!

I think I would have passed out if you had made an EXTREME big chop---like to your shoulders!! :lol:

your hair, especially the ends, look amazing with the cut! i'm sure your wash-n-go's will look great too since you won't have all that extra relaxed weight pulling down your curls!

wow!!

that's a lot!! Your hair still looks very luscious, thick and just GREAT!!!!:yep:

Love it!

btw,
I was nearly biting my nails before opening this thread!

I think I would have passed out if you had made an EXTREME big chop---like to your shoulders!! :lol:

You? No girl, I would have passed out!!!!
I am loving the thickness and just hope I don't forget my regular trims so I can maintain the thickness!!

BB

Back