I did a mini me updo

nomoweavesfome

hey guys. I made an attempt to do a wannabe updo. I can't believe it look a lil somethin somethin!!!! tee-hee. I know I have a lonnnnnng way to go. (but at least I found a protective style) Now I have a ?

I used the curling iron for the pincurl pieces and it's my second time using curling iron since starting this journey.

MY WHOLE BATHROOM SMELLS LIKE BURNT SULFER:eek: IS THIS NORMAL AFTER NOT USING HEAT FOR A WHILE???????? DID I BREAKDOWN SOME SULFIDE BONDS OR SOMETHING????????????:eek: (SCURRED)

Attachments

• updo1.jpg
    updo1.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 81
  • updo2.jpg
    updo2.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 86
I Love your updo! Is so smooth, shiny and pretty. Are you crazy about cute clips too? ebay has tons of really nice ones. I have to restrain myself!!

Softresses

thanks guys - growing out short hair is no fun. I was just getting sick of that ole bun!!!!!!!

I did put some MTG the day before so I believe that is what it is. You could smell it as I was curling and I was like pew then I got scared like I was burning my hair or something. It scared me enough to not want to apply heat often for sure.

Nomoreweaves, It looks to me like you have a really healthy start. Was it you I was talking to about french twists? They are a lovely elegant alternative too. Plus if you use a french twist comb, you can take it down and spritz it with moisturizer during the day if you need to.

Do you like the Ganier products? I tried one of the conditioners, I loved detangleing with it and how much slip it gave but I also got more shedding than I was comfortable with. So it scared me away.

Softresses

Last edited:
Softresses said:
Nomoreweaves, It looks to me like you have a really healthy start. Was it you I was talking to about french twists? They are a lovely elegant alternative too. Plus if you use a french twist comb, you can take it down and spritz it with moisturizer during the day if you need to.

Do you like the Ganier products? I tried one of the conditioners, I loved detangleing with it and how much slip it gave but I also got more shedding than I was comfortable with. So it scared me away.

Softresses

tee- hee- girl my start was far from healthy by any means!!- thanks for the compliment tho (hugs)

I started from pic2 (bottom) to pic1(my updo) and pic 3(avatar) in just 2 months. but pic 1 is definitely not healthy. But hopefully my progress will be a testimony to newbies who start with damage.

I do use garnier fructus leave in conditioner. I love it actually. But I hear great reviews about the length and strength one. I smelled their serum the other day and it smelled so yummy, but it seems like my hair wouldn't like it so I punked on buying it. I'm looking forward to trying different styles as my hair grows.

Attachments

• damagebeginning.jpg
    damagebeginning.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 108
  • finishedresults3.jpg
    finishedresults3.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 108
  • updo2.jpg
    updo2.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 4
nomoweavesfome said:
hey guys. I made an attempt to do a wannabe updo. I can't believe it look a lil somethin somethin!!!! tee-hee. I know I have a lonnnnnng way to go. (but at least I found a protective style) Now I have a ?

I used the curling iron for the pincurl pieces and it's my second time using curling iron since starting this journey.

MY WHOLE BATHROOM SMELLS LIKE BURNT SULFER:eek: IS THIS NORMAL AFTER NOT USING HEAT FOR A WHILE???????? DID I BREAKDOWN SOME SULFIDE BONDS OR SOMETHING????????????:eek: (SCURRED)

Your updo is pretty by the way...I learned that when you are going to put curling irons or flat irons in your hair...You should make sure that your hair is freshly washed because the oils and such can make the irons stick to your hair which results in a burnt smell...So if your hair haven't been freshly washed atleast the day before. I would refrain from using curling irons of any sort.HTH:)

Back