I did a corrective on my texlax

Aidenberry03

:grin:Okay, I did it... I am relaxed straight again!!!!!

I did a corrective with Silk Elements Mild and it turned out great. I processed my newgrowth for about 10 minutes, the middle section for 7, and the ends for 2.

Smoothing is the key. I am happy with the results, off to rollerset:spinning:

More details please! I am thinking of doing this and have no idea how to. So I need step by step details. Pretty please? :yep:

Me too, I need step by step help on this also as I am switching from no-lye to lye relaxer and I'm due for a relaxer in about 4 and a half weeks. Please help. Thanks.

Bump! I am also tugging along with the rest of the ladies. I have some underprocessed areas and new growth to work with. I am also looking to switching from no-lye to lye.

thanks gal

I had washed my hair Sunday and did not rollerset, so I was able to see all of the underprocessed areas.

Step 1: Based scalp with Always "Castor Oil"...its all I had
Step 2: Applied relaxer to new growth, starting in the crown area of my head
Step 3: Pulled the relaxer down 2 inches on my strands...then to the ends.
Step4: Let is sit for 5 minutes
Step 5: Smooth Smooth Smooth...this is the key
Step 6: Rinse
Step 7: Applied Africa's Best Organics Hair Mayo
Step 8: Rinse
Step 9: Neutralize 3 x's letting it sit for 5 minutes
Step 10: Applied Lustersilk Conditioner and Porosity Control
Step 11: Rinse

Style as usual..I will be rollersetting.

HTH Ladies

Please let us know how your hair does over the next month or so. Ive also been considering correcting my texlax and go fully straight just so I can get sleeker rollersets, less reversion with humidity in the summer,etc. Im afraid of overprocessing and also losing my thickness though. My hair is fine, but texlaxing makes it appear a lot thicker. Decisions,decisions!

Please let us know how your hair does over the next month or so. Ive also been considering correcting my texlax and go fully straight just so I can get sleeker rollersets, less reversion with humidity in the summer,etc. Im afraid of overprocessing and also losing my thickness though. My hair is fine, but texlaxing makes it appear a lot thicker. Decisions,decisions!

My hair is fine too but I have a good amount of it. My problem with texlaxing is that the tangles I get from it cause me to lose more hair and it is harder for me to control my porosity when I am texlaxed which leds to more breakage from moisture issues. I do enjoy my hair looking thicker but the loss of hair from the above thins it out too.:ohwell:

My hair is fine too but I have a good amount of it. My problem with texlaxing is that the tangles I get from it cause me to lose more hair and it is harder for me to control my porosity when I am texlaxed which leds to more breakage from moisture issues. I do enjoy my hair looking thicker but the loss of hair from the above thins it out too.:ohwell:

Are u fully relaxed now? Did u do a corrective? Whatever u are doing keep doing it bc your hair is as pretty as all getout!:yep:

Ive had issues with tangles too...but lately my techniques seem to be helping...low manipulation wasnt so great for me. My hair seems to do a lot better since Ive been rollersetting and I just finger comb in between.

Are u fully relaxed now? Did u do a corrective? Whatever u are doing keep doing it bc your hair is as pretty as all getout!:yep:

Ive had issues with tangles too...but lately my techniques seem to be helping...low manipulation wasnt so great for me. My hair seems to do a lot better since Ive been rollersetting and I just finger comb in between.

I am not fully relaxed now because I underprocessed myself AGAIN :lol: I think I have underprocessed myself nearly 4 times this year. Thanks for the compliment:grin: Me and my hair have come a long way and we still got a long way to go. You have made progress too. I haven't decided what I am going to do in terms of processing. I might go talk to a couple of stylists in my area that I have seen do good jobs. A friend of mine has BSL colored (blond) and relaxed hair that looks great. I am thinking about going to talk to her stylist.

I rollerset twice a week and I think for me, combing is the enemy. I have a tendency to use a fine toothed comb a little more than I should...I know I know *hangs head in shame*:sad: I need to just hide it from myself.

This was the exact reason I decided to relax straight. I have some pics in my fotki of my last rollerset and I was tired of the waves. It looks pretty but its a B______ in humidity.

I am in rollers under the now. I actually lost less hair rollersetting my hair today than before, plus it was waaaayyyy easier to set.

Thickness was a factor for me too, but hey I am satisfied.

www.fotki.com/loreal99

I will update once I am done drying with the immediate results

Me too. It takes me about 45 mins. to flat iron my hair where is is bone straight and within 5 mins of being outside in the humid air it just poofs up like a big fur ball:wallbash:

Same here Gymfreak. I think for my upcoming relaxer I am going to do a corrective. So I am gonna gather up all the info I need in order to do it correctly. I also wanna give this Henna thing a try:yep:

This texlaxing thing was great when I had my hair cut in a chin length bob but now that it nearing APL I can't deal with the tangles and such:nono:

Me too. It takes me about 45 mins. to flat iron my hair where is is bone straight and within 5 mins of being outside in the humid air it just poofs up like a big fur ball:wallbash:

Same here Gymfreak. I think for my upcoming relaxer I am going to do a corrective. So I am gonna gather up all the info I need in order to do it correctly. I also wanna give this Henna thing a try:yep:

This texlaxing thing was great when I had my hair cut in a chin length bob but now that it nearing APL I can't deal with the tangles and such:nono:

Let me know how it turns out if you do it! I am just too scurred to try it bc Ive finally been making progress and the last thing I need is a setback because I coulnt leave well enough alone. Ive started over this year for hopefully the last time ever. I dont want to have to cut my hair off and start over anymore.

One thing I noticed though...and Im assuming its bc the perm washes over the ends each time I touch up and probably processes them more each time...but my ends are pretty straight and then it gets kinky/wavy about halfway up and thats the part that looks more texlaxed now when wet. I have to scrunch the heck out of the ends if I want to do a wash n go.

This came right on time I was just thinking about this....

But I am afraid I will miss my thickness...

I am going to give myself six month. I was tried transitioning before but had the wrong products and techiniques. I have since learned how to rollerset so that I know will make it much easier. So I will just deal with it now. The results were fine, I still have a lot of body...then again I have very thick hair anyway, so its like it the right medium. Oh well. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I was thinking about what I am going to do today. I just don't know.:ohwell:

Back