• Denman

Votes: 18 9.7%
  • Paddle Brush

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • Other

Votes: 29 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I use 3 combs starting with a wide tooth , medium tooth working my way down to a fine tooth. It all depends on how many tangles (AKA how long I left my hair loose) I have to deal with.

This is what I do as well with my Hercules Sagemann combs. However, I use the fine tooth comb only if I need to really smooth out my hair for a rollerset.

I'm texlaxed and almost WL. I detangle once per week, using my fingers first (on dry hair), then the shower comb on damp hair. Why? Because I experience minimal hair loss due to breakage.

I'm transitioning, almost all natural now. I detangle first with a wide tooth comb. Then use the denman.

I use the Ouidad Double Detangler to detangle my hair prior to braiding it for washing. I use the Jilbere knockoff wide tooth comb after washing while putting conditioner in, and follow that with a Mason Pearson medium tooth comb to make sure I get rid of shed hairs, etc. My fingers don't help me at all :nono:.

I co-wash almost daily and my hair never really tangles that much. I use a wide tooth shower comb to distribute the conditioner, but that's probably not even necessary. There usually only one or two strands of hair in my comb, if that.

My choice was a widetooth comb. I used to detangle with a denman brush when I had shorter curly hair but, these days that doesnt seem to cut it for me, I worry about the tangles in my new growth than my ends, so I like to separate each section and use that widetooth comb to "go in" it's a lot harder to gather my hair into a ponytail with tangled roots, it just doesnt work.

I voted other - I use a wide tooth comb in the shower, then I use my Denman to make sure I got all the shed hairs out.

I use my fingers and a wide-toothed comb...and I still have some breakage. I'm too fine-haired for anything else.

i use my fingers and lots of conditioner....i find that my hair stays detangled for days when i use my fingers than when i use a comb or a brush...

For a really good detangle that removes all my shed hair, I chose other. I use The Tangle teezer and it works like a charm.
[video=youtube;NpG1esRtrtc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpG1esRtrtc[/video]

I've never heard of this. Does it really work? Off to site and you tube to research more.

BTW, I use the the jilbere comb then the Denman.

For a really good detangle that removes all my shed hair, I chose other. I use The Tangle teezer and it works like a charm.

I use my fingers. At first I did not think it would work since my hair is natural and can/will tangle easily, but I discovered otherwise. As long as it is wet and saturated w. conditioner I can finger comb my 4ab/3c hair without much hair loss.

I like this thread, I been thinking about removing some of the rows from my denman. It would be perfect for my fine strands if I did so.

I've never heard of this. Does it really work? Off to site and you tube to research more.

BTW, I use the the jilbere comb then the Denman.

Yes it really does work. I tried it on my hair and my daughter's hair which is a nightmare to detangle due to her two textures. It worked fabulously. This trims off so much detangling time for me. And it's very gentle and does not pull hair at all.

I uses my Wide-toothed comb and my fingers.....then I may follow-up with a paddle brush, jst to make sure EVERYTHING is detangled to perfection

I voted a wide tooth comb (while using lots of condish). For those of you who use your fingers what about your nails? Maybe my nails are too long?:look: I must not have the correct technique. Nothing else works for me but sectioning off, apply condish, and work from ends to root w/ detangler. I would love to have another method cause detangling is the "debil". I am currently APL with a re-evaluation goal of BSL. That is one reason why I will re-evaluate- detangling anything longer than BSL:perplexed.

If I used this I would be bald. My hair is fine and if I tried this when its wet that would be the end of it. I use my fingers mainly when its wet and a denman knock off with loads of conditioner when its dry.

Wow, she lost very little hair. I'll have to look into this tangle teezer.

If I used this I would be bald. My hair is fine and if I tried this when its wet that would be the end of it. I use my fingers mainly when its wet and a denman knock off with loads of conditioner when its dry.

I dunno, she said the denman was causing her trouble which leads me to believe the denman may actually be slightly harder on the hair. I wouldn't think it by looking at it, but she lost very little hair for 6 days and her current length.

Natural here. My fingers. If I absolutely have to, I'll use a wide-tooth shower comb exactly like the one pictured - but only that's like a few times a year.

I like this thread, I been thinking about removing some of the rows from my denman. It would be perfect for my fine strands if I did so.

Go for it! :yep: Best thing I ever did for my detangling sessions. I have uber fine, healthy strands and my denman modified the way that Neith describes here is pure awesomeness on wash day.

Back