I decided to do the Deep Moisture Method.....

fancypants007

after doing my relaxer touchup on Saturday. I am on the LadyPaniolo DMM challenge and I didn't want to wear my hair after giving my touchup. I haven't had a relaxer since June and my newgrowth was horrendous. My relaxer when very well and I saw noticeable hair length. After deep conditioning under dryer for 30 minutes, I rinsed. I opened cuticle with Nu Gro moisturising spray, next I applied Neutrogena Deep Moisture Mask and then sealed it with Wonder 8 oil. I lightly plaited my hair in large plaits on both sides of my head. I pinned up each section with goody hair pins, put on weave cap and slept with satin cap. I spray Nu Gro moisturising spray on my hair every AM and PM to keep it moisturised since I just gave myself a relaxer touchup. So far so good. I will keep them in for 2 weeks, and then do again in 2 weeks. At the end of this month I will put the plaits in and keep them in for about 4 weeks. I'm acting cautiously because of the relaxer and I don't want to experience any breakage. I will give an update when I take the plaits down in 2 weeks to inform everyone of the condition of my hair. I'm so happy I can still wear my half wigs which I absolutely love!

Please keep us updated with your results. Even though we may not respond there are many of us that read threads and move on. Thanks again!

Back