Hip Hip Horray for LadyPaniolo Deep Moisture Method....

I have been doing this challenge since about December I believe and the moisture and softeness that my hair has been able to retain is amazing! I love knowing that my hair is flourishing from this. I have done 2 aphogee treatments since starting this and will be henna-ing my hair soon. I apply a cream moisturizer to my braids daily and seal my ends with castor oil. Right now my hair is out in a bun like style for the next 2 days and will re-cornrow on Friday night after I co-wash. I apply my deep conditioner to each section that I braid and I braid damp hair. I found that I can not braid my hair super wet and don't like doing it dry. My hair is super shiny and healthy looking too...I love it!

I feel you! I've decided to do the 2 step Aphogee treatment every 3 months instead of every 6-8 weeks. I felt that the aphogee was a little to severe for my fine textured hair and I didn't want to experience breakage. For the protein treatment I found a recipe for avocado, egg and carrot cholesterol and i do this as my deep conditioner leaving it on without heat for 1.5 hours with plastic cap, and then I proceed with the DMM. I understand if you add an egg to any conditioner it will make it protein.

This is great to hear. I use the deep moisture method when I am braiding my hair with extensions. It's great, because my hair tends to get so dry, so this method is a must have for me.

:D I am so happy that you ladies are finding my methods useful.

I really worry about it when women wet their hair every day because it tends to cause matting. I also worry about women using creamy leave-ins too often! You should not need to moisturize your hair daily; if your hair is that dry you would be better served doing a heated DC every 3 days than to wet with leaveins daily. :imo:

Back