I CONFESS.......

I confess that I sometimes plan the route for my saturday chores so that I have to pass my fave BSS

I confess that I talk to products on the store display "I gonna try YOU next" but I try to say it in my quite voice

I confess that I fear going bald

I confess that I too,mercilessly rip out single strand knots (Im doing it as I type)

I think Im becomming a hair snob

thats all for now

I also confess I can go back to my ignorant days of haircare b/c my hair grew & retained back then. Now with all this protective styling & vitamins my hair is growing the same rate.

I confess that I sometimes plan the route for my saturday chores so that I have to pass my fave BSS

I confess that I talk to products on the store display "I gonna try YOU next" but I try to say it in my quite voice

I confess that I fear going bald

I confess that I too,mercilessly rip out single strand knots (Im doing it as I type)

I think Im becomming a hair snob

thats all for now

You are in my head.

I confess that if I love a product and it doesn't damage my hair over time, I honestly don't care that much about the ingredients. I also am a ripper/snipper of ssks... I think it's because I get them at my line of demarcation and since I am chopping anyway, I honestly don't care that much about cutting the relaxed ends.
Also....... I contemplate BC'ing at least once a week. But then I wet my hair and realize how short it'd be on my extra round face and change my mind... lol.

My beloved Aussie Moist shampoo now has ALS sulfates in it. ALS sulfates are not very kind to my hair or my DD's hair. So I'll have to let it go. :sad:

For some odd reason, my ssk's don't bother me.

This Silk Elements olive oil shampoo is niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. :up: :up:

Most bss don't meet my hair needs anymore. Lately I've been sticking to Walmart, Target & Sally's.

Last edited:
My beloved Aussie Moist shampoo now has ALS sulfates in it. ALS sulfates are not very kind to my hair my DD's hair. So I'll have to let it go. :sad:

For some odd reason, my ssk's don't bother me.

This Silk Elements olive oil shampoo is niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. :up: :up:

Most bss don't meet my hair needs anymore. Lately I've been sticking strictly to Walmart, Target & Sally's.

Sorry OT- but
:blush:
:ill:
:look:
:lachen::lachen:
at your siggy

OT: IrisDaVirus, thanks so much for your siggy! I didn't make my annual trip to NYC and I am missing the subway and all its entertainment!

- I stopped getting perms b/c or damage for a relaxer and I thougt I was going to have
3c hair and that dream died after year on of my transition

- after my dream died, I considered a texturized for about a minite then said screw it I'm heat training

- as much as I love wahing my hair I now keep it to once a week to two weeks with most of that time in braids because of the tangles and the work involved.

- I used to hate braids but just realized I hate extensions. Now I'm braid crazy....

OK I confess...that I have also revisted "grease". My hair has been so unruly and frizzy in this humid weather. I decided to go back to the basics of my youth. However, I could not make myself buy that blue Utrasheen grease my mom used when I was child.

I picked up a jar of Nature's Blessing Hair pomade. It has some good ingredients with "mineral jelly" aka mineral oil listed at the end. I also got a big bottle of Labella (never used this b4) Lot's of Curls hair gel for 3 bucks. To my surprise had great ingredients and a very clean feel.

Co-washed and added the pomade and small amount of gel and plaited hair in 4 big braids. Sported a head wrap for 3 days. Just took a braid down and I'm AMAZED how silky and moisturized my hair is.....this combo may be a keeper.

Last edited:
I also confess that I stare a every head of hair and wonder if their Nikos cousin or try to figure out a regimen to get their hair in healthy shape

ETA: maybe this should have been a random thought sorry I got excited

Last edited:
I confess that I bought a growth aid with MN, Sulfur, PETROLEUM and Mineral oil!!! And I think it's working.... Yup, sometime's ya gotta go with the grease. My scalp is sooo clear too ,not itchy at all :) I confess that I am a product junkie who doesn't always use the same stuff on her hair more than 2 weeks in a row. My hair still grows though:) If a shampoo with sulfates works for me, I will use it w/o hesitation( shout out to Suave Professionals Almond & Shea Shampoo).

I confess...

Like someone else said, I've bought products before only because they smelled yummy, not because they were "good".

I comb whenever I feel like it. Not once or twice a day, but whenever I want the feeling of freshly detangled hair.

2 years after relaxing, I do not miss being natural. at all.

I actually like my white hairs. We gray very early in my family. My mother's father had all white hair by the age of 45. I look forward to the day my youthful looking face has 50 year old hair atop it. It will be an interesting contrast. lol.

When my scalp itches, I scratch it (with my fingernails). and vigorously at times. Feels fantastic.

I think really long braids are very sexy. I have butt length ones in right now. Love 'em.

I was thisclose to shaving my head bald in June because I was just DONE with my hair...
My ma managed to talk me out of it, and I just put the crap away in braid extensions. I'm glad now that I didn't shave it.

I want to cut my hair. I am starting to get over growing out my hair. I like short hair, because my hair just keeps getting thicker and harder to deal with unless I wet my hair to style.

I confess that I spend "way" too much time on LHCF (I keep thinking I am missing something exciting)

I confess that I have tried to kick the "LHCF" habit, but I find it more difficult to kick than the "Pepsi" addiction I had a few years ago.

I confess that while I absolutely love and adored my white hair (started with a streak in high school) I rinsed it yesterday-- and I like looking younger. (don't know how long this will last)

I confess that I pampered my hair (even purchased a $26.00 Ouidad double detangler)
to the point of obsession when I purchased my subscription to LHCF in April 2010- and my hair grows just as fast without the obsessive pampering.

I confess I never stopped using my hair oils, pomades, shampoo's and conditioners etc-- some were too pricey to just throw away. I just purchased the "healthy" products too.

I confess to using the blow dryer on med/low for 13 months:blush: Now, I don't use it all over. I sit under the tabletop first, then do the hanging hair for a few minutes.

I still let it partially airdry- and I've retained beautifully:yep::yep::yep:

why is it bad to leave conditioner in your hair?

"Regular conditioner is too heavy to use as a leave in and will cause breakage after some time"

Thats what I've read a few times... Does'nt make it true though.
I personally have been having really positive results using condish instead of leave in.:drunk:

I confess that when I joined LHCF I wanted to transition so bad but then I did a 14 week stretch and realized that the natural look wasnt a cute one for me.

I refuse to wear wigs and weaves...i associate wigs with old people and weaves with bald headed people.

I confess that I hide the good hair products from my mom and sister because they just dont know how to use their discretion. Paid good money for my stuff they can use the NTM or HE Conditioners.

I confess that I hide the good hair products from my mom and sister because they just dont know how to use their discretion. Paid good money for my stuff they can use the NTM or HE Conditioners.

LOL! I confess I am in the exact opposite. I leave all my best stuff in the shower praying my mom picks it up and uses it:lachen:

LOL!!!!

I confess that I am still using the yellow shea butter even though my DH told me to stop because it smelled like baby poo.:lachen::lachen:

Weeeelll...I use that stuff every time he aint lookin! I just spray some perfume to cover up the smell.:look:

Melt the shea butter and add a few drops of your perfume. When the butter hardens again it will smell like your perfume.

I confess...

I really love brown gel :grin: I have used other gels and they don't hold my edges down as well as the good ol' brown stuff. What can I say?

I regularly use Amla oil that contains mineral oil. Oh well, it works.

I rip knots out if it takes too long to comb them out

I never detangle on wet hair. No matter how I try, I feel like I'm scalping myself. I'll stick to slightly damp detangling.

BSS yellow shea butter is the most vile smelling thing I have ever encountered...I wrapped it up in 3 walmart bags after my first use and hid it in the back of my closet. :drunk: smooth skin and delicious hair are great but that mess! :nono:

Are you talking about the African stuff in the tub? I love how nutty shea butter smells, but i'm not sure if you mighta had a bad batch or what :lol:

i confess that im back to the grease too! but its paraffin oil and its like the 6th ingredient, so im good.
i confess that i smooth gel on my 100% towel dried hair, get the best, elongation and definition, ive ever gotten.
i confess that before i try a product, i do some research on lhcf and google

OT: IrisDaVirus, thanks so much for your siggy! I didn't make my annual trip to NYC and I am missing the subway and all its entertainment!
OT: Thank my friend Daniel for sending it to me in an email. I don't know where he got it from. When I first saw it I was like WTF? DAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMNNNN!!!! :blush: :blush: :blush: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

Last edited:
I also confess I can go back to my ignorant days of haircare b/c my hair grew & retained back then. Now with all this protective styling & vitamins my hair is growing the same rate.
AGREED --- I confess that I feel that all this HHJ stuff is overated and I had better success when I was without proper hair care knowlege.

I confess...

I really love brown gel :grin: I have used other gels and they don't hold my edges down as well as the good ol' brown stuff. What can I say?

I regularly use Amla oil that contains mineral oil. Oh well, it works.

I rip knots out if it takes too long to comb them out

I never detangle on wet hair. No matter how I try, I feel like I'm scalping myself. I'll stick to slightly damp detangling.

Neither do I...unless I actually want my hair to break.

Back