"I can't wait to tell you I love you"

BeatriceFly

This is what my boyfriend told me
He was drunk as was I
We had just met up in the city after going to separate lounges

What do I think of it?
I've been trying NOT to think about it
It makes me cheese too much

But then I don't know if I believe it... does it sound like a line?

We've only been together 2 months

He was drunk as was I

What do I think of it?

Sounds like a line to me, but I'm cynical today. :ohwell:

He was drunk as was I

What do I think of it?

Ok dokey....drunk...liable to spout any thing.

He was drunk as was I

What do I think of it?

2 months??

Ebony, Ebony, Ebony.......I thought we talked about this 3 months ago. :nono:

I don't see anything wrong with it

ETA: Don't put too much stock in it just yet since he was drunk. My SO told me he loved me at our 1.5 month mark. We're still together2 1/2 years later :)

Last edited:
That is a really ambiguous line so I wouldn't think much of it. It can mean "I love you and I'm going to tell you that soon." or "I love you and I am telling you." or "I want to love you but I'm not there yet."

Plus, he was drunk. It could be a movie line, a song he was singing, random blab...

That is a really ambiguous line so I wouldn't think much of it. It can mean "I love you and I'm going to tell you that soon." or "I love you and I am telling you." or "I want to love you but I'm not there yet."

Plus, he was drunk. It could be a movie line, a song he was singing, random blab...

my thought exactly
ie Justin Timberlake's song

I don't know what it means, but if he was drunk and said " I love you" he really feels that way. A drunk man's words are a sober man's conscious. There are many things I have confessed on a drunken night. And those have been feelings or thoughts I had that were true. So if he said he can't wait, then he probably can't wait. But I'm being somewhat optimistic, I got some this weekend!!:spinning: So I'm kind of happy.

that was cute.................he just saying he hopes it get to that point, as should you!

Its nice that he's going into a relationship being positive.. the glass is half full to him!

He was drunk as was I

What do I think of it?

Aren't you the one who suspects your man of being gay?

Yes I am "the one"
Thats a separate thread though

But even though I do have those suspicions he has treated me like a queen, better than any man I've ever been with

So go figure!

Its very confusing...

Aren't you the one who suspects your man of being gay?

He was drunk as was I

What do I think of it?

That is so romantic. I hope he says it at the very perfect opportune moment for you :love:

This is a quote from the book I'm reading:

"Drinking and drug use are not a path to one's innermost feelings. Otherwise people wouldn't smash empty beer cans against their skulls or stick their fingers in fire to see if they can feel anything." lol, :drunk:

But seriously, I wouldn't take it seriously unless he repeats it while sober.

I'm really not understanding why people are telling her to chill out and are using this smilie ---> :nono:

If I'm correct, this is the same guy who she talked about a few months ago when she was on the phone and he asked her to get off the phone while she was driving. Everyone was giving her thumbs up, i thought? Yes he was drunk so he probably was talking out the side of his neck

But, why the ":nono:" now? Color me confused, I guess

I'm really not understanding why people are telling her to chill out and are using this smilie ---> :nono:

If I'm correct, this is the same guy who she talked about a few months ago when she was on the phone and he asked her to get off the phone while she was driving. Everyone was giving her thumbs up, i thought? Yes he was drunk so he probably was talking out the side of his neck

i'm not sure what happened in the previous thread she made but op currently has a thread on the main page of this forum asking how to tell if a man is gay. people have listed supposedly "gay" characteristics and she says her man has some. she mentioned that she's asked him several times already if he's gay. i think this is where a lot of the ":nono:" are coming from.

:look: *backs out of thread*

Because due to her reaction to that situation (that most of us felt was a no brainer, he didn't want her to get in accident), not to mention other threads she'd started, it was quite clear that she had some things she needed to sort out on her own. She was supposed to be taking a break from relationships to work on herself for a little while. If she's been seeing this dude for 2 months that means she took a month, probably less, because this conclusion was made about 3 months ago, right before the NY meet up.

And now she's saying she thinks dude might be gay. :perplexed

So yeah, IMO, the :nono: is warranted.

lol you guys are too much

they are separate threads for a reason
two separate ideas in my head

yes its the same person, but overall i still crazy about him and he has given me no reason to end our relationship

so this thread was about whether or not that sounded like a line.....
and it DID gas my head up so i just wanted to be grounded a little

thank you ladies who replied and answered the original post
you're the best!!

Back