I can't freakin' decide--need y'alls help...

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I can\'t freakin\' decide--need y\'alls help...

I have recently fallen in love with ION Moisturizing Conditioner and it seems to be some really good stuff as far as the way it makes my hair feel. I haven't used it long enough to see any long term results from it, ya know
smile.gif

Now, there's just something in me that just doesn't feel right if my main hair conditioner is not a salon quality product. I seem to have this belief (plus I've read this in several places) that salon quality products use the best and highest grade of ingredients. Their price further convinces me of this fact. Now, ION is sold exclusively at Sally's and has an entire line of products just like these salon products I'm speaking of. I also LOVE Motions Oil Moisturizing Conditioner, but only for my mid-week conditioner wash--not my main squeeze.

So, now I want opinions and insights...

Re: I can\'t freakin\' decide--need y\'alls help...

I have never used the ION products however I have seen it it Sally's and thought about buying it. I usually use Cholesterol conditioners. They are very cheap.

Well, well, well, Supergirl. I say go for the product line that you feel best with (whether it's a salon quality product or not). On the other hand, you can always have both (Sally Beauty Supply brand - Ion, and a salon quality brand).
grin.gif
wink.gif
You know a true pj would have both. Go for it.

That's the problem girl--I do have both!!!!!!!!!!!! And you know us PJ's try to get creative just to figure out how to use something up
smile.gif

I know the feeling, because I am in love with Aura's Cherry Almond Bark Revitalizing Conditioner. It works just as well as my paul mitchell supercharged conditioner. When I got the sample at sally's I could have probably use the amount in the sample on two heads. Just go with your gut. I am curious to try ION products because, 1) I don't have to travel out of town to get them 2) They aren't that much either. Ill keep watching for your reviews.
Keeshes.

I think you should go ahead and try a salon product if you want because if not, you'll always wonder what they're like even though you have something that works well. Its the grass is greener theory. I say go for it that way even if it doesn't live up to your expectations, you'll know and it'll reinforce your love for what you have now or if you find a salon product that you like then heck you'll have high and low end goodies that work on you.

Thanks BRH. I actually have Mizani Moisturefuse, Keracare Humecto, Joico Moisturizing Conditioner, and Nexxus Humectress under the cabinet.
crazy.gif
(I'm so ashamed)

The Keracare is out because I do prefer some protein even in my moisturizing conditioner. Humectress is really just my "ends" conditioner. Yes, sometimes during the week, I just dampen and condition my ends. Don't laugh
laugh.gif
There is just no way that I would condition wash every 2-3 days, so I make sure I get those ends.

Anyway, I really like the Joico and even the Mizani (though it's the new dishonest formula). I can work something out with those two I suppose. Now, what to do with these 32 oz of ION that I have left.
frown.gif

I can't help you Supergirl but i definitely know the feeling.

It's like I'm trying to incorporate cheap products into my regimen but I can't help but feel like I NEED salon quality products.

I guess when I finally narrow it down, I'll have one high-end and one low-end for each category I suppose. SOunds like a good idea.

Can you tell me more about what you do when you use the Humectress on your ends? Thanks.

Find a salon one you love and keep the ion stocked in you bathroon cabinet. It is always better to alternate products anyway so you can have you cake and eat it to. If ION is working for you though, don't give it up. I tried my sample packet and I love it too. I have seen alot of salon products that didn't have an impressive ingredient list in them either unlike the ION. Just keep with what works.

But I thought of something though--what determines when you use which goodie? Do you regularly rotate them or do you use them on whim?

Dionne,

You are right about that ingredient list!

Daviine, this is how I condition my ends. I put my hair into a pony tail with a scrunchie. Then I use another scrunchie and put it on the end of the pony tail about 3-4 inches up from the ends. So then there's 3-4 inches of hair hanging out. Does that make sense so far? I use my fingers to dampen those 3-4 inches with warm faucet water. I apply humectress to the dampened hair and leave it on anywhere from 10-30 minutes. I rinse and apply a leave-in (usually Elucence) and an oil, Jojoba or Avocado. I put it back into a bun or pull the hair on top of my head and put my scarf on for the evening. HTH

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Supergirl said:
Humectress is really just my "ends" conditioner. Yes, sometimes during the week, I just dampen and condition my ends. Don't laugh
laugh.gif
There is just no way that I would condition wash every 2-3 days, so I make sure I get those ends.

[/ QUOTE ]
Since you don't do conditioner washes every 2-3 days, I think this is a good thing for your ends. I'm sure your ends are loving it.
smile.gif

Dionne,

right now I am Whimming it
laugh.gif
But that's why I'm consulting with you guys, because I'd like to be more consistent with one or two products. But I'm such a PJ
wallbash.gif

If only the Mizani Moisturefuse had not changed, I'd be okay
crazy.gif
They need a whoopin'
spank.gif

Allandra, my ends do love those "ends conditionings".

Daviine, is it possible to put your hair into 2 ponies on the sides and do this?

It's long enough for the one scrunchie...but not the second scrunchie.

But now that hair has been cut in "slight layers" I guess all my ends won't get conditioned.

This is an excellent idea...thanks so much for sharing Supergirl. Hey are you on vacation too?

no, not really on vacation--we're off tomorrow though.

If you can get the first scrunchie on, then you can just do this with the one scrunchie. Sounds like you'll be conditioning most of your ponytail and there's nothing wrong with that. I've done a "ponytail conditioning" before too
tongue.gif

Maybe I'll wash 1x a week and do the ponytail conditioning midweek. I'm not sure yet. I'm really excited about the prospect of adding this to my regimem though.

i don't buy that myth. if $1.99 suave worked best for my hair, i would use that exclusively. you should go by what works for YOUR HAIR—nothing more, nothing less.

of course you can continue to search and end up where you are right now many months and dollars later if you want though...
grin.gif

adrienne

p.s. i've always thought of ION as a quality brand of products. it's not?
confused.gif

No, Adrienne--I agree. ION is quality. But you know, I'm just having this thing about salon conditioners (you know those that you HAVE to get at the salon)

Back