I need good moisturizing deep conditioner recs please

allmundjoi
Just a basic rule of thumb that I use. If the product has an "extract" of a plant or grain and the word is not followed by oil, I consider it in the protein family. Your listing shows that (to me) this product is loaded (heavy) with proteins. Just my humble perhaps crazy opinion.

I've seen everywhere that dpr 11 was all moisture glad I didn't buy it if it has protein guess I'll stick with Aubtrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose

What did you like better about Lustrasilk brand? They have several types, which one did you use? I ran out the cholesterol I had so I'm willing to try a new type now.

I liked the thinner consistency. I also had less breakage. I used the mango one.

allmundjoi
Just a basic rule of thumb that I use. If the product has an "extract" of a plant or grain and the word is not followed by oil, I consider it in the protein family. Your listing shows that (to me) this product is loaded (heavy) with proteins. Just my humble perhaps crazy opinion.

JazzyOleBabe thanks, but I don't see any protein in dpr11. Usually extracts and oils have very little to negligble protein (some exceptions include oils like wheat germ, jojoba, hemp seed oil, avocado).

ETA: still doing research on those herbs...looking to see if they have amino acids or something else. Hmmmmmm.....

Last edited:
allmundjoi
Again I could be wrong in my thinking but all of the "Herbs" that you say you are going to do research on are plants/herbs. This is the protein.

Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract, Melissa Officinalis (Balm Mint) Leaf Oil, Tussilago Farfara (Coltsfoot) Flower Extract, Equisetum Arvense Extract, Aesculus Hippocasyanum (Horse Chestnut) Extract, Rosemarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract

Mozeke's Moisturizing Hair Masque! :grin: Here's the link, if you want to check it out: http://www.mozekeproducts.com/

I've been using this for maybe a year now and have re-ordered three times! The smell is :lick: and it works amazingly well! It's a staple for me.

I like to doctor it up, although it works fine alone, with some castor oil and vatika frosting when I steam. I'm going to the beach, so I wanted to make sure my hair was super ready and it was :love: ! My curls were never so soft, defined, and bouncy! I'm not kidding. :lol: I think she offered sample sizes too.

Hairveda's SitriNillah -Ultra Moisturizing Deep Conditioner. works for me everytime I use indigo. Here's their write up:

Our Best Selling Deep Conditioner is wonderfully moisturizing and a little goes a long way. SitriNillah is perfect for conditioning and softening your hair after a relaxer or protein treatment.

Our ingredients are perfectly infused to bring the life back to your hair. Nourishing Orange oil penetrates deep down to treat lifeless and brittle hair.

Use SitriNillah Deep Conditioning Masque after your relaxer treatments for added softness. Use when your hair is super dry to restore moisture

Chicoro's pre-poo (spritz a lot of aloe vera juice on dry hair, smooth each section with an oil, I don't remember if warm) + deep conditioning Aubrey Organics = I can't go wrong when I do this

I recently had a setback due to a Rhassoul treatment (my hair was amazing for 3 days and then the static and dryness was crazy, it didn't accept moisture anymore). I went to sleep with Chicoro's prepoo treatment and it is the only thing that brought my hair back to life, after a week of daily deep conditioning sessions with expensive products. I used to hate aloe but I am glad I tried it (with coconut oil).

Then I deep conditioned with AO Honeysuckle Rose and my hair was happy again. Yes, good natural products work very well on relaxed hair. I am "protein sensitive" and I find Giovanni 50:50 the most moisturizing conditioner of the Giovanni line, good as a leave in as well, should be around 6 dollars in the US if I'm not wrong. Adding some Aloe, honey and olive oil to my deep conditioners boosts them as well.

Last edited:
Thank you all for the tips. Even though I have had some setbacks, I feel fortunate that I still have hair on my head now after realizing I have been overloading on protein for over a year. I guess my hair must love protein to some extent.

I just ordered Aubrey Honeysuckle Rose Moisturizing Conditioner, Aubrey White Camellia Ultra-Smoothing Conditioner and Aubrey Jojoba & Aloe Desert Herb Revitalizing Conditioner from vitaglo.com. Their shipping is $10 unless your order is over $50 so I ended up buying some vitamins. I will try only these products for now so I don't become even more of a product junkie.

Back