I CANT DO NO HEAT

ThinNnappy

So, do you think this Routine 4x a month will damaging?

This one: I was doing this one-hair wasnt right

Hot oil and Massaging Hot oil and massaging
Acid Rinse Acid Rinse, Shamp, Deep. Cond, MTG
Shampoo Leavin in-Rollerset-
Deep Condition Moisture and oil
MTG On Scalp
Leave in
Setting Lotion
Dryer
Pressing Creme
Flat iron/curler
Coconut oil and Moisturizer

So, do you think this Routine 4x a month will damaging?

This one:

Hot oil and Massaging
Acid Rinse
Shampoo
Deep Condition
MTG On Scalp
Leave in
Setting Lotion
Dryer
Pressing Creme
Flat iron/curler
Coconut oil and Moisturizer

I was doing this one-hair wasnt right
hot oil
acid
shamp.
deepc
mtg
leave in
setting lotion
rollerser
moisutre and oil

ThinNnappy said:
No, im relaxed, 4a/b, chin/lower neck length, i use all kerecare conditioners and products

Sounds like sort of what I do, but i would incorporate a heat protectant in there before flat ironing. V05 miracle mist makes a good one. Or Tresemme Heat Tamer (they have the same ingredients).

Sounds like a bit too much to me! Why are you using a dryer then a flat iron/ curler? That's too much heat in my opinion. And why so many products? Using too many products will weigh down your hair.

I suggest this:
Hot oil
Shampoo
Conditioner
Leave-in
Use setting lotion diluted w/ water to rollerset
Sit under a hooded/bonnet dryer
Take out rollers and apply oil or oil sheen

When rollersetting, make sure your hair is really wet before putting each section of your hair around a roller. And make sure your hair is completely dry before getting out from underneath the dryer. At night, you can either wrap your hair with a scarf or wear your curls on top of your hair and wear a satin bonnet.

Hope that helps!

I would try curling with the flat iron...that is what I do, why do you use the setting lotion before drying? are you wrapping the hair? I would only do the acid rinse and deep condition 2x a month, and try a light oil sheen after flat ironing instead of coconut oil and what not...it sounds like too much oil and build up going on.

Back