i can do my own hair...

itismehmmkay

So...I don't think I will ever be able to wear my hair air-dried until it grows out a bit more. When it's longer I'll be able to put it up in a bun, etc. Until then, I am no longer afraid to do my own hair.

Here's what I did:

-washed it
-put some hot six oil
-twist it with some Let's Jam gel
-air dry it overnight
-undo twists
-flat-iron hair w/ a ceramic flat iron (Took me only an hour....compared to almost all day...lol....I have alot of hair and it takes longer to flat iron when it hasn't already been blow-dried straight)

-curl hair w/ ceramic curling iron
-put hair in rollers until I got dressed.

laugh.gif
yay!

It's so weird because I've always done my hair by myself. For the first time, until now, I felt like I had to depend on a hair stylist. I now.........have the power again! I think I was worried because I'm actually trying to retain as much healthy length as possible, so I'm a bit more cautious of what I'm doing to my hair.

Anyway...thanks for reading

krys

Did you use a conditioner? I didn't see that mentioned above. Make sure you have yourself a good conditioner, mmkay
wink.gif

lol "mmkaaaaay"

I did forget to mention that. I used Pantene Hydrating Curls conditioner. I actually didn't like that conditioner when I was doing conditioner washes, but thought I'd give it a shot. Usually I use Super Cholesterol (Queene Helene)

wink.gif

Back