I BROKE MY HEAT ADDICTION!!

brownsugarflyygirl

I NEVER thought this day would come...BUT...I have no desire what so ever to use heat on my HAIR! :eek:

The last time I used heat on my hair was for Easter in April. After completing the 6-month No Heat Challenge in October...I figured I would straighten my hair in December for my birthday and to take progress pics...but after making a post about naturals flatironing methods....and after I couldnt decide on a date to straighten my hair....I realized that in reality I REALLY JUST DIDNT WANT TO use heat!!

IM SO AMAZED!! I never thought that I would NOT want straighten my hair or to have a heat based style. Its not even about a challenge, I just DONT WANT TO. Sorry for the rant...Im just really trippin' about this...I dont believe it.

Wow! LHCF truly transforms you...I wonder how long it will be before I use heat again :perplexed

Any one else broke their heat addiction since coming to this board?

Last edited:
Well, I've broken my direct heat addiction. I still use a heat cap or soft bonnet dryer for my DC. But I do see an improvement in my hair and growth. I didn't think I could do it.

I have! I used to blow dry at EVERY shampoo and flat iron at least 2 weeks out of the month. My hair was literally fried, dyed and laid to the side! LOL.

Congrats!!!! I stopped relying on heat as well. I never realized I could do so much to my hair w/o heat.

Congrats! I know your hair will thrive w/o heat. I kinda broke my heat addiction as well. I still use my soft bonnet every two weeks though but I don't think that's too bad. I will still flat iron once in a blue moon though. I'm excited.

How do ya'll do it, because I just can't. I love how much body my hair has after a blow-dry, and I can't get that when I let my hair air dry it seems thin or something. I figured out a way to eliminate my flat-ironing to like twice a month. What do ya'll do?

prissygirl114 said:
How do ya'll do it, because I just can't. I love how much body my hair has after a blow-dry, and I can't get that when I let my hair air dry it seems thin or something. I figured out a way to eliminate my flat-ironing to like twice a month. What do ya'll do?
Right now I roller set in a ponytail and it makes my hair straight with a lot of body like I curled it. I'm going to keep doing this to cut down on the heat. My ends are so much healthier. Sometimes i'll wet wrap my hair and do one bantu knot in the back over night and my hair will come out in big waves. I have pics and instructions of that one in my album under "Wavy/Curly" (I think).

Back