i big chopped

chebaby

i chopped off my hair this past saturday and i love it. actually i started it on friday, but i didnt really go all through my hair, i just cut the ends off and then flat ironed it. it looked nice, it was shorter in the back than the sides but i knew i had to go back through the hair because 1)i no longer wanted to wear my hair straight and 2)the top of my head still had relaxed peices.

so saturday i pre poo'd, co washed and conditione my hair and cut the other relaxed hairs while it was wet. my curls are not uniform in the front. the front of my hair is still straight and im not sure if its because its damaged from the flat iron or if there's relaxer left there. that part of my hair is thinner than the rest so its easier to damage. but the rest of my hair has beautiful curls.

i was going to wait until december but i just couldnt wait anymore. i went from almost bsl to not even sl in less than an hour but i love it. my dad hates it though. he basically said it looks like sh!t and i should have left it alone. my mom is trying to agree with me and my dad while not stepping on any toes. my SO likes it and everyone at work (im lying, just 3 guys) said they like it and its cute.

my thing is that i have all these products that used to work but now they dont. i find that my hair loves carols daughter hair mmilk but hates karens body beautiful hair milk so far. and it loves miss jessies baby buttercreme.

heres my question: how am i supposed to moisturize????

i mean when i was relaxed i could just smooth on some cream and go but now i dont know how to go all in between the curls to moisturize and seal without messing up the curls. i have spray moisturizers and creams and obviously its easier to use the spray but is that enough?

Besides the pics, because I want to see some, but congratulations on your decision, and I hope that people like your dad and some of your co workers don't discourage you nor make you doubt your decision. But yeah, please show us pics. TIA!!!!

thanx ladies.
i will upload a pic of my before and after hair. its in a twist out now and i have been getting a couple of compliments here and there so thats helpful.

Congratulations!!! It is easier to use spray at first until you figure a way that you can put product on your own hair without frizzing... I rub it in like I'm making a ponytail but that's how it works for me...Congrats again and I can't wait to see the pics!

Okay you have been on here for a minute. So just get what you have now to see if it works and let your hair tell you what it wants.

Trust when I say it will respond either positively or negatively.

As for moisturizing are you looking for like a daily moisturize in a conditioning format, cream format or liquid spray format?

right now im using carols daughter hair milk, miss jessies baby buttercreme and oyin juices and berries. im more comfortable with a creamy leave in. on wash day i know i can just slather the moisture on wet hair but on like 2nd or 3rd day hair i dont know how to do it without creating frizzies unless i do a puff.

Congrats!!!!!!!!! :grin:

I use a mix of water and condish to moisturize, so I just spray and I'm done. When I used a creamy moisturizer, I rubbed it in my hands, and very lightly scrunched it in my hair before I styled. Hope that helps!

Congrats again on the BC!

lol i promise to put up the pics tonight.
i actually went to a salon yesterday and got it chopped down to a twa because i couldnt do anything with it. the front of my hair still doesnt curl (in the bang are) but the sides and back are really curly. i actually think my hair is moisturized when i use devacurl one condition as a leave in.
the only pic i have right now is on my phone but im in my work uniform so i cant post ir. when i get home tonight i will put it up but it will be as my siggy because i dont know how to add atatchments.

thanx ladies.

forgot to add this natural lady at work today offered to make me some hair butter. shes a natural too and she asked me what made me big chop so i think she may either be a member here or on another board because no one else used the term big chop except her. everyone else just said "i like the cut". or "why did you cut your hair".
i work at night so we usually only say good night when shes leaving but tonight she actually stopped to talk to me about hair. right now her hair are in those braid thats wrapped around the hair. i dont know what its called but its like you take the hair and wrap it around your own hair. i wonder how she moisturizes like that. i've only seen her hair flat ironed once so its normally in its natural state.

Back