I Big chopped... now what lol

blackbarbie10

So after a 15 month transition I cut off all my relaxed ends!!! Now I am not sure what is next. I would really love to be able to define my curls a bit more so if any of you guys have suggestions or tips please help a girl out lol. I can't figure out how to get the pictures on here but my hair is 4a 4b texture and when stretched is few inches above my shoulders in the back and in the front is about the tip of my nose.

Wow, congrats! I really hope you figure out how to post the pictures. I am at 15 months too and would love to see what that looks like :)

Congrats on ya BC!!!!!

Adding pic:

If you have your pic on your computer already all you do is

New reply>Manage Attachments>Choose File>Upload

Then post them! =D

Or you upload to a pic site and post the links here.

:grin: let's see whatcha working with, so we can help. :grin:

Congratulations! Now, all you have to do is enjoy. No tips on defining curls, because if you have curls, you'll have to experiment with different products to see what your hair likes.

Congrats on the BC (I was never courageous enough to do it). Like NappyNelle said above, you'll have to experient and see what works and doesn't for your hair. What have you done so far to moisturize? Keep doing that, of course, and start sealing those ends with oil - jojoba, coconut, castor, etc, your choice.
In terms of defining curls, again, check out different products and YouTube if you're into the minimizing the chemicals. What works for me so far is spritzing with distilled water, aloe gel, some EOs and hemp seed oil. But this may not work for you, just have fun with it but moisture, moisture and seal.

Congratulations OP! :clapping: I BC'ed at 11 months in June and was wondering what to do with my new head of hair too :giggle: Everyone just told me to focus on getting lots of moisture to my new head of curls and my natural hair pattern would emerge. They were right! So my advice is to DC and moisturize a lot :yep: Good luck! Hope you enjoy experimenting as much as I did!

Thanks guys again I love my natural hair! I have been on Youtube since noon lol. Tomorrow I am off to find some headband and hair accessories and of course a major deep conditioner!!

Congrats! Its looks great!.. I'm 10months into my transition, hoping to make it to next May/Jun (18mos).. Thanks for the inspiration!

Back